Part 6

"He walked away, just walked away from me once again."

"How could a person just walk away like that?"

"I just told him that he is going to be a father, and then he just walked away."

"Hypocrite"

"Insouciant jerk"

"Reckless idiot"

"I thought you will be happy, you will be excited to tell the world that you are going to be a dad"

Sharon was walking from left to right in their room with curing swayam under her breath. When she told him about her pregnancy, he just walked away; and was continuously murmuring that "this can't be true". He was murmuring as if-if he says that continuously then the truth will change. Hell no. This is their truth now. They are going to be parents. Every couple's dream but he just walked away without even giving her a word.

"I need to talk to him; I want to know what I did to deserve such a treatment"

"Is this a huge mistake to love a person?"

Sharon was blazing in anger. Indeed, it hurt her when he walked away but more than hurt she was angry. She had never expected he would react in this way. She stormed out of the room to search swayam, but he was not in her sight. She maniacally searched him, she was mad, she need to get her answers, how dare him to walk away.

After a half an hour, she successfully found him in the terrace. It was dark, just moonlight was spreading all over the area. He was sitting on the floor with staring at nowhere in particular. He didn't acknowledge her presence. She walked towards him to yell at him, but his appearance hurt her more than anything else did. He was pale, was not crying. Just an emotionless body.

Now she saw swayam, she regretted. Without making any noise, she sat near him. Some minutes passed no one made a move. Swayam knows that she was sitting near him. However, he did not open his mouth.

"This can't be true," He stated after almost eternity. He didn't dare to look at her.

"It is! I can feel it." Sharon said same as not looking at him.

"The test can be wrong too, don't decide anything now. We will go to a check up tomorrow." He said without any emotion.

Sharon was happy at least he said that he would come to the hospital with her, but she needed answers she can't wait anymore.

"But swayam" she looked at him.

"Please sharon" He pleaded and stood up to go.

"What please, you just walked away from me, can you imagine what I was going through"

Sharon had lost her cool. She stood up facing him. She stared at him directly into his eyes.

He was vulnerable. His eyes were clouded with fear. She flinched at the level of his fear, was it a fear to be a father? On the other hand, was it just a fear to be a father of her kid?

"Swayam we need to talk"

"About what"

"About everything, I can't live like this anymore"

"What are you saying Sharon?" he turned his back towards her.

"Don't run away swayam"

"I'm not"

"You are, you are scared to face the reality, to accept your mistake, your faults"

"I'm not scared" he is now facing her.

"Whom you are kidding? I'm your best friend. I can read you as an open book." She challenged him.

"Even I can read you, why didn't you take a step to talk last days."