~ Chapter Twelve

- Don't forget to vote ^.^

#NotEdited

*Stephen's POV

After Kennedy went home, I was stuck there with Mel: not that I didn't like it but I was feeling kind of nervous around her. When she showed up here a few minutes ago, I swear my heart was about to explode. And now we were alone, I got to find a way not to make it that obvious that I was nervous. I couldn't show her that I was weak. Didn't want to flatter myself but I was THE Stephen Kristofferson for fuck's sake! The school's bad boy, the jock, captain of football, basketball and soccer team(yeah that was possible at that time!); I was confident and walked with pride, then some chick came and turned my life upside down and I just couldn't stand in front of her.

...

While we were working on the project, I took small glances at her. She was wearing her thick black squared rimmed glasses, her long dark brown hair falling delicately on her back, I was so cheesy like that; at times she would stuck some rebel hair strands behind her ear. She was so flawless... Yes, flawless!

Sometimes, I could feel her eyes on me. I saw how nervous she was too when we came up in my room.

...

On the way back to her house, the ride was so awkward. No one dared to talk. Earlier she asked me if I enjoyed myself at the party.

' I surely enjoyed kissing you' my mind wanted to say, but the only thing that came out of my mouth was, "It was cool I guess... I had fun."

What kind of guy says that?

Let me guess...

Me!

Now we were in the car in an uncomfortable silence. As if she read my mind, she turned on the radio. I wasn't really listening to what was playing but then 'The' song had to be played. It was one of those love songs that guy group wrote. 'Last first kiss' by One Direction I think. How did I know the song? Having so much female cousins in my life was an advantage maybe.

Back to the matter; so yeah, the song started. I took a glance at Mel. She had a shocked expression on her face like it was the last song she wanted to listen at the moment.

I wanna be last, yeah

Baby let me be your

Let me be your last first kiss

I wanna be first, yeah

Wanna be the first to take it all the way like this

And if you

Only knew

I wanna be last, yeah

Baby let me be your last

Your last first kiss

I agreed to her, mentally.

Yes, the atmosphere was so awkward, and in a way, weird and cliché as it might seen, the song summed up what my heart was feeling at the time.

I was acting like a dick. Not that it was the first time ever but still, I was acting as if the kiss didn't mean a shit to me, and I was pretty sure Mel was feeling the same.

I was acting so weirdly around that girl.

What was she doing to me?

I was so gentleman-like around her; that was so weird like I never did such things! I opened and closed doors for her like an effing doorman. That was so not me!