~ Chapter Thirteen

NotEdited

I did a small trailer of the book, nothing special, but watch it if you want to.
Ps- There're some events that I didn't put in the trailer, still want the thing to be a great suspense ;)

Anyways, bonne lecture!

#MissBell

<><><><>

The first periods went by quickly. I didn't have any class with Stephen but I got one with Tyler. Actually, I didn't know we were together in French until I saw him entering the class in front of me. He was sitting at a table next to me.

Something was up with him, I could just sense it. His mood was always off...

"Um, Tyler can we talk?" I whispered loud enough for him to hear me.

He stiffened then turned and looked at me straight in my eyes.

"Talk about what?" He said bluntly.

I didn't like that tone. I didn't like it at all that he was being rude.

I bit my lower lip, preventing me from crying, and mustered some courage from deep within, I swear, to be able to talk to him without whimpering.

"Why are you mad at me?" I said, straight to the point.

His eyes widen, as if he wasn't prepared for that question.

He opened his mouth to say something, but then closed it immediately, and seconds later he opened it again.

"I don't know what you're talking about... I'm not mad at you..." He said.

"Oh come on Tyler, I can see that you're upset with me, so please tell me why..." I was getting impatient, like, tell the damn thing already!

*Sigh* "Can we talk about it at lunch?" He said, not daring to look at me even once.

I muttered an 'okay' and turned my head to the front where the teacher was starting her lecturing.

<><><><>

The morning periods went by quickly. I still didn't see Stephen but I was pretty sure I was going to see him in the cafeteria with his friends.

But my priority was the talk I was going to have with Tyler.

When I entered the cafeteria, I searched for him at our usual table but he wasn't there. Then I heard a commotion not too far from Stephen's table.

"The heck is happening?" I said to no one in particular.

It was not in my habits of being nosy but it was at Stephen's table and I wanted to know what was happening.

I approached the bunch of noisy people; struggling to make my way between them, I was at the front row to the scene in front of me.

Tyler and Stephen were fighting.

Shit was going down for real.

For a moment I just couldn't comprehend what was happening.

Tyler and Stephen were really fighting?

I got to separate them. I knew I was a nobody at school, but Tyler was my friend and Stephen...well, we kissed, and he was my friend too, and I just couldn't let them throwing fists on each other.

I knew I was the queen of cowardice, but then was not the time.

I mustered some courage and walked slowly towards the fighting men.