18

6 months had passed. 6 months of crime, killing and abuse. I have had my bones broken, Harley force me into sexual actions. I had stopped talking all together and when I tried I stuttered. I was always obedient but it was never enough. People had stopped looking for me and hell they had a damn funeral for me! There was no evidence I was actually dead, my family just gave up on me. I had scars covering my chest and stomach, I had become anorexic and bulimic. I looked like a skeleton but I just couldn't eat and when I did it just came back up. I had been shot during a bank robbery, the pain was unbelievable but there was nothing I could do about it. My skin had become pale from being inside so much, I practically always hid in the study, under the desk reading. At the moment I have a broken wrist, what a great 21st birthday. I need my sister, my mother heck I would even take my father right now. I was curled up in my bed like I am most hours of the day, I can't bring myself to leave the warmth and comfort. The door opens and I see Harley standing there. My tears stopped after the 5th month instead I just sigh and let her get it over and done with. It doesn't hurt as much as it did when she first started and I had begun to give in. I didn't want to struggle anymore, I was sick of the pain she caused when I did.

"Mr J wants you to get ready, we have a job to do." I heave myself from the bed and get dressed, I pull my hair up into a messy bun since I can't be bothered doing it properly. We reach an office building, I'm not sure where we are but I know better than to ask questions. Even if I could I wouldn't. Once again Mr J attaches my chain and we go into the building, alarms go off and people start screaming as we make our way to the top floor. My eyes dart around the room, looking for cameras or security guards, anything that Mr J needs to shoot. He calls out a name I don't recognise and he is pointed with shaking fingers towards and office. Harley waits outside killing anyone who tries anything while Joker and I go into the office. Inside is a large man with a suit talking to a client. I take a quick glance around the room and point to a camera and panic button.

"Jackson." Mr J laughs as he shoots the camera and button. Fear crosses the mans features and the woman screams, backing into the corner furthest away from us. I take a good look at the person and I see a shell of what was once my mother. Her hair was greying, wrinkles forming and she looked like she hadn't slept in weeks.

"Andrea?" She whispers. I don't speak, I can't even in the presence of my mother. I nod, showing no emotion. Mr J starts playing mind games with the man while I dart my eyes around the room looking for anything or anyone that could cause any harm. My mother has tears streaming down her face. I was still chained to Mr J but even if I wasn't I don't think I would approach her, I didn't know her anymore and she has no idea what I have become.

"We thought you were dead!" She cries out as Mr J points a gun to the mans head making him sign something. Gingerly I step towards the human I once loved as my mother. I reach out a hand curiously but recoil when she tried to hold me.

"Andrea, it's me! Surely you remember your own mother." She sobs I retreat back to Mr J just as he finishes getting the man to sign something.

"Puddin' police are here!" She yells poking her head through the door. Mr J shoots the man in the hand and pulls me away.

"We are going to send someone to help get you I promise!" My mother yells after me, collapsing to the ground.

"Happy birthday!" She calls out just as Mr J slams the door shut. Happy, like that is going to happen. We hurry out of the building and to the van, there are dead bodies littering the ground and I don't have the energy to even be surprised or disgusted. I run with Mr J to the van and get in.

"We got it pooh!" Mr J yells proudly, kissing Harley passionately. I look out the small back window of the van and see my mother running out of the building screaming my name. I sit back and lean up against the wall.

"They gave up on you, they thought you were dead!" Mr J laughs. For the first time in weeks I cry, tears fall steadily and I try to make myself smaller. I don't want to live in this reality anymore. I don't want to be a pet or a doll to abuse. I want to go home, wherever home is. Do I even have a home anymore? Even though I am practically always in bed I only sleep for an hour so it doesn't surprise me when I find myself passing out next to a fairly large gun.

<><><><>

I hear people speaking around me, beeping and I feel a jab in my wrist. My eyes open but quickly shut when I notice the bright light.

"Miss, miss are you awake?" Someone asks me sweetly. I open my eyes again to see I am in a clean white room surrounded by what looks like doctors. Fear spikes me and I sit up suddenly. Hands grasp at me as I look around terrified, the voices tell me to calm down but I can't. Anxiety riddles my brain and I start to scream. I lash out desperately but I am too weak to do any damage.

"Miss you are in the intensive care unit at the hospital." Someone says clearly and calmly. If I could talk I would be screaming for Mr J.

"Please ma'am." Someone says desperately, laying me back down. I shake, terrified but slightly more calm. How did I end up here? The last thing I knew I was in Mr J's van sleeping and now I am connected to a heart monitor and a drip in the damn hospital. Slowly my breathing regulates and I take in my surroundings.

"You lost a lot of weight, your blood pressure is very low and your general health is to be blunt, terrible." The nurse comments, I can't even nod I just lay there staring at her.

"Your mother should be here soon." Just as she finishes saying that the door opens to reveal my mother and father, a bunch of flowers in their hands. Where is Alexis?