20

I grab my bag from inside the small bedside cabinet. Inside was my clothes that I wore to every job I went on with Mr J. I slip into the bathroom and change into the shirt and leggings, I tug at my patient bracelet forcing it off my wrist. I pull out the needles and force them out, the start to bleed slightly but I don't have time to worry about it. I slip out of the room during the busiest hour, 2pm when visiting hours started. I slid into the crowd and make my way out of the ward without being caught. When I reach the exit I breath a sigh of relief and head for the elevators. Once inside I press the button for the top floor. The elevator jolts to life and starts heading up, anxiety bubbles in my stomach and I take in a shaky breath. Once on the top floor I reach a door marked staff only, I knew there was a staircase that lead to the rooftop, I had heard nurses talking about sneaking up there for a smoke in their break. Quickly I force the door open and hurry up the stairs. I panic when I hear people talking but I make my way up to the exit. The room floods with light as I escape. I feel free up on the roof, no one was here to tell me my flaws, to try and make me better with therapy. I still haven't spoken, I don't know if I physically can anymore. I head for the ledge overlooking a busy road. I stretch my arms out, balancing on the small ledge and letting the wind blow through my hair. I feel so much better but I know I have to go through with my plan. I grab the bar behind me and lean over the edge. I feel a rush of adrenaline but also freedom. They could never take me again, people can stop trying to fix me by stuffing me with pills. I smile and take a deep breath in. I relax and open my eyes once again. I see someone from a window in the building opposite waving their arms and speaking into a phone. They look concerned, I don't know what people were doing in there but it must be a stressful job if they are flapping their arms while looking out the window. I take a seat and dangle my legs over the edge. I was so zoned out that I don't hear the door open and a rush of footstep.

"Ma'am." A calm yet forceful voice calls out. I jump slightly and cling to the bar behind me. I stand and look into the persons eyes. There are a captivating green. The person is in a police uniform and I suddenly realise what the flapping person from the window was doing, they were trying to get my attention.

"Ma'am please come away from the ledge." The person coaxes, crouching slightly and moving closer and closer slowly. I shake my head violently, unable to vocalise my protest. I don't know what to do, this person is ruining my plans. I was supposed to be alone.

"Please ma'am." The man comes slightly closer. I shake my head again and move back so my feet are half off the ledge. I have to do this for my sister, I need to end her suffering. The person removes the uniform and it reveals Mr J. I gasp in shock and cling to the bar until my knuckles are white.

"Darling get back here!" He commands. I still shake my head but more terrified this time. I turn and prepare to leap. I jump and let gravity do its job. I fall and hear a chorus of screams from people who saw me falling to my death. I smile and outstretch my arms, I feel free. I am going to escape this life and who knows, maybe I will be born into another one. I remember the one last word Mr J spoke before I collide with the concrete.

"Enchantress!"