CHAPTER 1

Do you remember how people say that the shit you go through in high school stays with you forever? Well, it certainly does. At least in my case. But that doesn't have to mean anything . I chose to get over it. And I did. Well, sort of.

"Dahlia!" my super best friend, Erin shrieks getting me out of my thoughts.

Holding her graduation hat on her head, she sprints towards me from the other side of the green and grassy, fresh looking field. Her black robe was flying with the wind. Graduation day! I couldn't believe that I'd made it this far.

"Sup' girl." I said to her.

"We have officially done it!" she squealed hugging me.

"Apparently, " I say to her waving my certificate around.

Just then Dave, her boyfriend, sneaks up from behind her and places his hands on her eyelids making them closed . I roll my eyes at the cheesy stuff. Gosh, you're the least romantic person in this entire world. I recall that sentence as a shudder goes through me as I'm reminded of his bright smile and soft brown eyes. No, I can't! I've worked too hard to get over him.

"Can you two stay away from each other for less than a minute? I groan.

"No. And that is exactly the reason why I took the job." Dave replies with a smirk.

Mine and Erin's faces get brightly lit and she literally screams," Oh my god! You took it! I can't believe this, honey." And then they start with their gross make out session.

Which is my cue to leave. I mean, don't get me wrong. I love both of them individually and as a couple and somewhere down the road, I even see them getting married. But, I do not want to see them suck each other's faces.

You see, we had just graduated college and a few weeks ago, several companies had come to us with job offerings. Erin and I, luckily, got jobs right here in New York but Dave had a little issue. He could work in the New York office with his firm but he would be getting a higher position somewhere in New Jersey. But since these two were madly in love, he took the lesser paid job for her sake. It was actually really sweet!

I walked around the hallways , talking to a few friends along the way. I was so glad that I could finally control my own life now. I was moving into an apartment in New York and the guy who was subletting the apartment seemed pretty decent too. He too, like me, was twenty two years old. Also, I still couldn't believe that I gotten a job offering at Marks, the best fashion company ever! Actually today, was going to be my first day at the new place.

Suddenly my phone rings and I bring it out of my pocket to read the name on the screen- Erin."What's up?" I ask her.

"Why did you leave so soon?" she whines and I bet she is pouting right now.

"Because seeing you and your boyfriend make out is such a pleasant sight." I reply sarcastically.

"Ha-ha. Okay listen, Dave and I have taken off to my house to pick up my things and then move to our new apartment. So I just wanted to say good luck for your new job and also, let's meet on Friday, " She says to me very quickly.

"Kay. Bye." I reply and shut the phone.

A new day. A new start.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damn it. I could not be late.

My boss had basically been a goddess who understood my situation and allowed me to come by at least three to the new office. But the lazy and stupid me had managed to be late even after them being so considerate. Boy! Am I in trouble.

Hurriedly, I paid the cab driver and ran out of the vehicle and into the building, sprinting towards the elevator. Woohoo! I check my wristwatch and its only 3:15.Yes!

The elevator stops on the fourteenth floor. Quickly, I get off and straighten my grey skirt and white blouse and obviously my disheveled dirty blonde hair which was caused due to all the running plus the wind. Then, calmly, I walk over to the receptionist who shoots me a weird look. I guess she saw my whole routine. "Hi, I'm Dahlia Grace." I start.

"Joanna has been waiting for you. For long. Go fast." She says with a frown.

God! Somebody is in a bad mood. "Thanks." I say grudgingly and walk over to god knows where. 

I'm just frantically looking around the office when a woman in about her thirties comes to me and helps me out. See now people should be like her. Looking at you, receptionist lady. Steadily, I walk over to the cabin which has the tag- Purchasing Manager.

I enter the door and find two people in the room. One is a male and is facing away from me and the second one is a female who looks at me and smiles.

"So you must be our new recruit. From NYU, I suppose?" she asks me, smiling. I like her already.

"Yes ma'am. My name is Dahlia Grace." I say.

In an instant, the male whips around and I come face to face with the person I thought I would never see in my life. Him. His eyes still had that spark."Dahls?" he asks me in disbelief."Andrew, " I whisper in utter disbelief. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DAHLIA GRACE ^**^

PLEASE COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW HOW YOU FOUND THIS CHAPTER.

THANK YOU!!