CHAPTER 7

DAHLIA GRACE

It still felt unreal that Andrew wanted to come with me to L.A. But it was not like he was doing it for me. He had to 'check on' some Lizzie girl.

 I'm quite sure she must be one of his flings. He had not changed at all since high school. Cocky behavior was one of the masks he had put on after joining the basketball team and then becoming the most desired and popular guy in school. In reality however, he was a sweet and caring guy, nerdy almost, unlike those stinking 'bad boys'.

I, too was, well- known and had my set of friends but not as wanted as him. I mean he was like a star. He didn't even stop acting during our relationship. 

Two months into the relationship and he had already started flirting with other girls. Plus, he had cheated on me. That wound would never close and I knew it.

That was exactly why I was going to distance myself from this lying piece of flesh and tissue who broke my heart and didn't even bother picking up the shattered pieces.

I stared at myself in the mirror as all these thoughts raced across my mind, particularly because I was going to stay with him in a hotel room all weekend. 

I had chosen a gorgeous dark green dress for the event. It was strapless and reached around my mid- thigh. It hugged me perfectly around my curves and edges and was in perfect sync with the dirty blonde hair. I paired nude stilettos with my outfit and completed the look with a thin elegant gold bangle and simple earrings.

 I paired nude stilettos with my outfit and completed the look with a thin elegant gold bangle and simple earrings

(Dahlia's look in case ya'll were wondering.)

I had tried to keep my makeup natural and up to the point. Not too much, not too little. I was actually proud of myself for once because I just do not have the talent of applying any kind of cosmetics.

I looked in the mirror and found a broken face, pretending to be happy, staring back at me. I remembered the time when I was younger and everything had seemed so perfect. It was all wonderful. A bit too perfect, actually. And then the happiness just disappeared and never came back.

Gosh, I should be a poet.

As I glanced at the clock, the time read as 8:30 and I decided that I better leave now otherwise we would never meet everyone in time and furthermore catch the midnight flight to L.A.

Quickly, I once again ran through the compact and light bag I was carrying. All I was lugging was minimum amount of clothes, a pair of converse, my documents, cheque book and a small frame holding a picture of my family.

I always carried this picture of the four of us everywhere I went. It reminded me that even though I don't have a family, these people would always love me and be there for me. As I was stroking the picture, a knock startled me.