CHAPTER 8

"And these are my new assistants. This is Dahlia Grace, she has just graduated from NYU and this young man is Andrew Jackson. He has come from Berkley University." Joanna merrily introduced us to her seniors and our super seniors. This guy was actually the owner of the company. He was the Mark from Marks. It was quite an honor meeting him. Also, he was hot.

I had expected this guy to be in his late forties maybe. But oh boy! My speculations were all wrong and I'm glad they were. He seemed to be in his late twenties. He must've been a teenager when he started the firm.

"Hi. We're glad to have you." He said, his gaze lingering on me for quite some time. I smiled back at him, obviously uneasy with all the staring. I couldn't get myself to open my mouth, I just kept on smiling like an idiot. It was such a heavily awkward moment that I felt like crawling back inside myself. Andrew and Joanna just stared at us, staring at each other. Finally he said something.

"Dahlia, would you mind having a drink with me?" he asked. I felt something fluttering in my heart. Those were the feels.

"Sure. I'll be right with you." I said and again smiled, not because I had to this time, but because I wanted to.

He went on ahead towards the bar while I just calmed myself and promised not to make a fool out of me. But just as I was about to step forward, Andrew held me back, clutching my elbow. I turned to look at him and raised my eyebrow. He looked at me with pleading eyes and sighed, finally letting me go.

I started out towards the bar myself, but not before shooting a quizzical look in his way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That guy was the biggest flirt ever. I had had an amazing night. We drank, laughed and later even escaped out onto the chilly terrace to gaze at the busy city lights far down below us. I was really liking him. Everything he said and did, caused a flutter in my heart. While leaving, I gave him my number and put on one of my most charming smiles. What? It's not like I meet smart, hot, kind guys every day.

Yeah you do, he's your neighbor.

Shut up mind. 

I giggled to myself as I was reminded of our time together.

"Thinking about Mr. Richie Rich?" Andrew asked annoyingly from beside me. We were currently in the plane, heading for L.A.

"Shut up." I replied.

"Hey, the least you could do is thank me for coming all the way with you." He exclaimed.

"I thought you were coming to see your 'precious Lizzie'" I said the last part in a mocking voice.

"Y-yeah. But still! You abandoned me throughout the entire party." He whined like a child. Well that was true. I did feel a bit guilty for leaving him alone like that.

"You're not a kid Andrew. You have your friends. Besides, women like Chloe would always be waiting for a chance to make conversation, or even love, with you." I suggested. His face turned into a horrified one.

"Do you even remember her?" he asked.

"Duh. I met her three days ago."

"You don't." he whispered.

"Excuse me? What are you talking about?" I said, evidently confused.  I did feel like I knew her from earlier but I had no reason whatsoever to admit that to Andrew. I was kind of egoistic. 

Just then the captain's voice rang out through the speakers to announce that we would be landing and all that blah.

"Never mind." He said as he clicked the belt into position. I did the same, but still wasn't satisfied with his answer. My stomach went bonkers as the plane descended. I'm not a very good flyer, would be an understatement.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hotel, sweet, hotel." I sighed and jumped on the single bed that I would be sleeping on in the room that I shared with Andrew.

He dumped his bags on the floor beside his bed and sat on his bed, back facing me. The room was quite spacious, I couldn't help but notice. The walls were cream colored with thick red curtains and two single beds were placed on opposite ends of the room, with a bathroom in the center on the opposite side. Through the window, there was an amazing view of the brightly lit towers of Los Angeles and beyond that, the sea. It was mesmerizing.

Andrew was visibly upset after our little conversation on the plane. I still don't get as to why he was so startled when he knew that I didn't 'remember' Chloe. 

"So, what time are you going to meet your friend tomorrow?" he asked, sighing and laying on his bed. His face was turned sideways to meet mine and his eyes dug into me, as if searching for something.

"The visiting time is between 5-6 pm, so I'll do sightseeing the rest of the day. Maybe go to the beach." I said excitedly, and then felt very guilty since I was here to meet my sick friend and not have a gala time.

"No you're not." Andrew declared.

"Excuse me?" I asked, a tad bit ticked off.

"You will come with me to meet Elizabeth. And then we'll go have lunch. Come back to the hotel and then set out to meet your friend, going straight from there to the airport." He said. His plan did seem reasonable. Except the part where I go meet his girlfriend. I mean, although I wasn't his girlfriend anymore, I was an ex and everyone knows how awkward things could get between an ex and a current. Yet, it would be a good chance to size up the brat.

"Okay." I sighed in defeat, after a long pause. Exhausted, and hearing the urgent call of my bed, I collapsed beneath a sheet of warmth, linen and comfort. Hotel beds were the best.

"Eww, disgusting human being. At least wash your hands." Andrew said, getting up from the other side of the room to do his routine of cleanliness.

"I'm not as active and as big a hygiene freak as you are." I muttered from under my pillow. I was uselessly sprawled on the bed, lying on my stomach, the sheets now pushed off my body.

"It's called general hygiene." He replied from the washroom.

"Whatever. Let me sleep. And dare you wake me up early in the morning." I muttered.

"Dare accepted." He said smirking, and rotated around to face the mirror. But his face banged into the mirror when a pillow hit his head hard.

"I'm not lazy to do that." I finished and went off to sleep, obviously not escaping the nightmares.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                                      THAT WOULD BE GREAT.

Also, please comment, I'd like to have some feed backs.

Thanks for reading!