IV

"If I get to work with those flowers, I think I might like this place," I muttered softly to where Sebastian could still hear. He smiled.

"I'll see what I can do." I smiled back

Things are seemingly starting to look up.

~~~~

I glanced down at the plate in front of me.

"The dish in front of you is a dessert. Young Master though that you shall be served dinner with him later and requested you have a small snack before meeting the others. What you have before you is a small platter of assorted macarons ranging from the flavors almond to honey to rose.

I nodded and he smiled and stood there. Yes, he was watching me eat. Though I don't think I minded it very much because I was just happy to have something sweet. I wasn't one to share my opinion with others, but I did have a big sweet tooth. I love sweet things, and slightly bitter things as well. Maybe that is why I am fond of dark chocolate.

I took a bite of one and hummed softly as the flavor of strawberry filled my mouth. It was expertly made and it was hard to believe that I was actually eating one. I finished it and decided on a honey flavored one. It was equally as good. It ate a few more before pushing the plate away and standing. I took a glance at Sebastian and nodded a thank you. He walked over and plucked up the plate from its spot on the table. "Please follow me to the kitchen." He started walking and I quickly pushed the chair in and stumbled after him.

Not a moment later we were standing in a plain kitchen made entirely of wood. However, there was a portion of the wall near the top that was barricaded with sandbags as if that part had been badly damaged. I dismissed it and my attention was placed on three people who stood in a line facing me and Sebastian. Sebastian waltzed over to the counter and placed the tray down before coming back to me. "Miss {Your Name} This is Bardroy the cook, Mey-rin the maid, and Finnian the gardener." I bowed slightly before Finny ran up and hugged me. "You work here now?!" I laughed and nodded hugging the ecstatic boy back.

"I see you've already met Finny?" I nodded as the blonde let go of me. "We met in the front gardens this morning," I explained and looked at Bardroy and Mey-rin. Bardroy was the first to walk over and greet me. "Hello, the name's Bardroy, but you can just call me Bard." I nodded a hello and Mey-rin stumbled over. "My name's Mey-rin, yes it is!" I only grinned at her way of speaking. "My name is {Your Name}, it's a pleasure to meet you two." Sebastian tapped on my shoulder gaining my attention. "It is time for your tasks." He spoke firmly yet it was calming at the same time.

I turned to him and he pulled out a list. "Your tasks will include helping Mey-rin with her tasks, caring for the carnations in the back garden, and cooking. If you cannot cook, You will be taking lessons from me. Do you understand?" I slowly nodded earning a frown from him. I glanced around before looking up. "Yes, Sebastian." He smiled down at me before nodding and turning to leave. "Oh, Sebastian?" "Hmm?" He turned his head to glance at me. "What am I supposed to do now?" "Oh, courtesy of the Young Master you may do what you want. The only request is to not wreck the mansion in any way possible."

I only gave a nod as I rubbed my upper arm slightly. I want to go play with Pluto. As soon as Sebastian left and started walking back down the hall that led to the kitchen I looked at the three. "Does any of your three want to escort me to the back gardens?" Finny immediately raised his hand and gently grabbed mine. "I will!" He gave off a child-like radiance never failed to make me smile. I started tugging me along. I looked back and gave the other two a small wave and a nervous smile.

"Finny slow down!" He stopped right outside the large flowerbed that housed the carnations. I marveled at the colors. That was before I was tackled to the ground by a naked human being. "Pluto!" I gasped as he went to town on licking my face.

I laughed as he climbed off of me and morphed into a huge wolf. He nudged me as if telling me to morph so we could talk. I shook my head and glance at Finny who had seen the whole thing go down. Behind us, I heard Sebastian's voice. "Finny, I believe you have work to do in the front gardens." Finny's face paled and he sped into the manor and disappeared along with Sebastian. I looked at Pluto before shapeshifting into a fox.

"Hello, Pluto." "Hello, {Your Name}!"

We sat around the gardens talking before a shadow loomed over me. I was about to look at who it was before I was picked up. I struggled. "Don't worry, I won't hurt you." A calm voice rang through my ears. I recognized it instantaneously. I calmed down as I was carried into the manor.

"Sebastian?!" I heard footsteps and glanced towards the stairs to see Master Ciel. He was dressed in a more common almost page-boyish outfit. He saw me and hissed. "Why is there a cat in your arms?" He sounded disgusted ad I tried to make a scoffing sound which came out more as a squeak. "Dispose of it." Sebastian didn't move. "Are you sure?" Ciel nodded. "Go on now. We have to get going. Now where is {Your Name}?" I couldn't help but snicker at his stupidity. Sebastian walked to the door and opened it setting me down outside of the door. "Now be a good kitty and change back for the young master," I growled and my body stretched and bones popped as I formed a human form.

"I thought your master was smarter than to call a fox a cat when it is in fact part of the Canidae family relating it to dogs rather than felines." I let out a huff. Sebastian nodded. "I had hoped my master would know biology now. Though it seems as if he still has much to learn and do." He led me back to the manor to see an irritated young boy. I reluctantly bowed to him. "There you are. I am going to London to investigate a murder. I am taking you and Sebastian no questions asked." "Yes, Young Master." I stood up straight and Sebastian led us to a carriage out in front of the manor already set.

In only a few seconds I was sitting with Ciel and Sebastian was driving. It was quiet back here and I didn't mind it much as it was comforting.

"{Your Name}, I had sent Sebastian to get you/ He had come in with a cat the first time. Do you know of this?" Ciel broke the silence. I was hesitant to ignore him since he owns me now. I sat up and looked him straight in the eyes.

"Master, a fox is not a cat. It is a member of the family consisting of dogs. Yes, I knew of it because that was how Sebastian picked me up while I was sitting outside."

Silence ensued as if he as ashamed of not knowing that a fox was a dog. There was no noise the rest of the ride. There was a jerk of the carriage and we stopped. Sebastian opened the door and helped Ciel out and looked at me. I didn't want to get out. I didn't want to figure out what kind of investigation was waiting outside there. I let out a sigh.

Hopefully, I won't be killed in action.

Word Count: 1340