The Beginning of The Divine

Once Upon A Time. . .

There was a simple, but beautiful town that was the home of a young man. He was like any young man in this town, but he had a secret: he had powers that were never seen before. He had control over the shadows and the darkness. At first, he used his powers for good and never said anything about them. He told no one about his magic, except his best friend, Katrina, whom had strong magic, as well. He only wanted what was best for his hometown. That was before the Royal Guard found out about his abilities. They tried to arrest him when they found out that he could resurrect the dead and have them serve him. He was outraged by this and when they came for him, he used his powers to ensure that they wouldn't take him. Some guards died that day, plus he got away from town. He never wanted to hurt them, he was scared (He was only 9) because magic was not well liked in this town.

He ran all the way to a small village. Magic was common here compared to his hometown. He made friends with four other people that were like him and his best friend had followed him there. He and these people worked together for years to stop wars before they even started. They were called the Divine Warriors. But as time went on, he became resentful. His power was strong, but the others were always stronger and faster to react than he was. He wanted to be strong, like his allies, but he never knew how. . .

Until he harnessed the power of the Darkness and his true power. . .

Now, his heart is covered in a darkness that is darker than the night. He's killed many during his rise in power. He wants nothing, but to be king. He is stronger than when he left home. Nobody knows the true capacity of his power. He killed and resurrected the dead for his army. But worst of all, before he showed his true intentions, he had fallen in love with Irene, the girl who had been destined to fight and destroy him. He never wanted fate to work this way. He loved her to the Moon and back. Truly. But, he eventually turned his feelings for Irene aside. She was his enemy. It hurt him more than it did her. He couldn't afford this distraction. He gave up on his own friends.

But, Katrina, his best friend from several years ago, saw hope of turning him back. She wanted him back as a friend more than anything in the world and believed that she could bring him back. But when she confronted him, he shattered her heart into a thousand pieces. He broke her heart worse than anything in the world. He attacked her while she was still in tears. They dueled for what seemed like hours. She, for the most part, just dodged and tried to reason with him. Eventually, it looked as if Katrina would have won, but he took her down. She was strong, but he was stronger.

He probably would have killed her, too, had he not had a twinge of sympathy for his old friend. He, instead of killing her, took her prisoner within his fortress in the Nether. Katrina was held there for a few weeks before she was turned into a Shadow Knight. She tried to resist the dark magic, yes, but it's hard to resist such strong black magic. Few have resisted the power.

Irene found out about her friend and immediately left to help her. But she was too late. Katrina had come to the dark side. She was second in command of the army. (More coverage later) Eventually, after many battles that involved heavy losses, Irene brought Katrina back to her side. Katrina told her friends everything that she knew about the Shadow Lord's plan. Which was part of his downfall.

After 3100 years, the remaining Divine defeated him. They scattered his army and soul in the darkest places of the Nether and scattered his relic in various places in the world.

The Shadow Lord still lurks in the wrist parts of the Nether, waiting for the right moment to strike and have his revenge. His name. . .

was Shad. . .