Chapter 2

My POV

Because of Alice’s vision we made sure Bella is far from here. She’s the one Victoria wants. Bella wouldn’t go without Edward using the companion ticket we gave her too. So of course Edward had to go.

“Have fun in sunny Florida” We told Edward. He just smiled.

“Ohh yeah being stuck in the house will be great” He replied. And that’s when Bella laughed.

“Hey, you guys are the ones trying to get me out of here for some reason I don’t know why, but you will be suffering Edward.” She said and we laughed.

“Compromise. Nice method Bells” I told her and she nodded “I know” I gave her a hug and so did everyone else.

“Okay, Emmett let me go you’re crushing me” She told Emmett trying to squeeze from his grip. He always had a habit of hugging her too hard.

“Sorry Bella”. They walked out the door and drove off.

 “Now, Bella will be hundreds of miles away from any danger” Carlisle stated.

Tonight, the night before Victoria is supposed to make an appearance we have to go hunting. All of us went hunting of course Jasper, Emmett and I were busy messing around playing tag jumping from tree to tree.

“You guys are such kids” Rosalie said as she leaped up into the tree I was at running from Emmett and Jasper. Alice jumped in the tree Rosalie and I were in and the three of us jumped into another tree as the boys chased us. We heard Carlisle and Esmee laughing on the ground.

“I spot a deer” Emmett said, but only loud enough for us to hear. We nodded and ran off after the deer knowing if there is one there has to be more, probably a family nearby.

 So while we try and catch Victoria; Edward will be sitting in the house at Sunny Florida because of course he can’t go outside or he will sparkle. I love a good fight, so do Jasper and Emmett. That’s why I get along better with my brothers then I do with my sisters because I’m more like Jasper and Emmett than Alice and Rosalie. It was almost time for Victoria to get here so we went and changed. We all changed into black to make it easier to tell who is one of us from our coven. We went to the opening and just waited there for a bit. It had already been about 10 minutes and still no sign of Victoria.

“Damn looks like no red head” I muttered. Emmett and Jasper chuckled. I’m not gonna lie I do like peace, but when it comes down to a fight I will gladly take part in it to protect my loved ones. Doesn’t matter what I have to do to keep them save I will do it.

“You sure she’s still coming?” Carlisle asked Alice.

“Yeah, if she wasn’t I would’ve seen her make her decision” Alice replied and we all nodded.

“On your left!” Alice yelled. We all turned and started running toward her. Emmett being in front of course show off. He almost had her. But she flipped him before he had the chance to grab her. She was running to the treaty line, a line we can’t cross and of course stupid Emmett was following.

“She’s gonna get away” Carlisle said

“No she won’t” Jasper muttered and that’s when Emmett was going to jump onto their territory.

“Emmett no!” I yelled. I caught up to him, grabbed him by the shoulders and pulled him back. Doing this I made myself go forward and doing a couple of front flips.

“Lace no!” This time is was Rosalie that yelled but before I could stop myself I landed in the creek feet planted in the water. Of course the mutts immediately came down and close to the creek and started growling. I barred my teeth and they growled even more. This wolf I have never seen was in the front and was growling the most. I chuckled and rolled my eyes.

“I’m leaving calm down” I told them and jumped back onto the cliff.

“Lace what the hell?” Alice told me.

“Sorry, blame Emmett here if he didn’t try to follow Victoria I wouldn’t have had to pull him back and I wouldn’t of fallen” I stated matter of factly.

“That was pretty badass though” Emmett said and I laughed. We walked back home.

Next Day at School

Alice, Jasper and I got out of our car. While Rosalie and Emmett got out of the jeep. Edward and Bella just pulled in. I looked and saw at the front of the school there was Jacob.

“What’s he doing here?” Rosalie muttered. I shrugged my shoulders and we walked up to Edward and Bella just as they were approaching Jake. Jacob looked pissed heaven knows what about. We walked closer to Jacob and he got off his bike and came towards us as well.

“I heard you went out of town this weekend” Jacob said. Trying to figure out whether Bella was still Bella or whether she was one of us.

“Yeah so?” She asked

“He’s trying to figure out whether your still human or not” Edward said and Jake smirked.

“Why does it matter to you?” I spat

He turns to me and smiles and looks back to Edward “If your kind ever come on our territory again we will kill them”

I rolled my eyes. “What is he talking about Edward?” Bella asked looking at Edward. The rest of us stayed quiet because we weren’t going to get in the middle of their fight.

“Yeah, why don’t you tell her. She is the one that the red head wants” Jake said. Satisfied with the fact he was going to make Edward and Bella fight.

“Victoria? That’s what Alice saw! That’s why you had me go visit my mom!” She practically shouted. That’s when Jacob turned to me

“And you it’s so cute how you’re willing to risk your own life for the safety of others” Jake said as he rubbed his thumb against my chin. I smacked it away and he chuckled a bit.

“What is he talking about Lace?” Bella asked. I squirmed a bit because I know she’d be pissed at both Emmett and I mainly me because I didn’t stop myself because I could have but I thought maybe I could have caught her.

“While we were chasing Victoria she jumped onto their side of the treaty line. Emmett started to chase after her, but before he could I grabbed him and pulled him back. Keeping him from going on their side, but launched myself hoping I could catch her, but once I saw the wolves I landed in the creek and they all came down growling at me like I was on their side because technically I wasn’t” I said and rolled my eyes waiting for Bella to yell at me.

“What the hell Lacey! You know crossing the treaty line is suicide for you guys!” She shouted.

“You act like we can’t defend ourselves I can beat him and his mutt friends okay I can take care of myself. So just chill Bella” I said. I was always nonchalant about these type of things because I figure there is no reason to get worked up about something like this.

“Yeah right” Jake said. I stepped up to him and he stepped forward as well and that’s when Bella got in between us.

“You two stop. You guys need to learn to get along if you guys want to be in my life” She told us. I smirked

“Bella, no matter what I will be in your life for all eternity because you want to be a stupid vampire so you can be with Edward.” I spat and walked away. I heard Jacob chuckle, but ignored him.

“I still don’t know why you guys didn’t tell me about Victoria” Bella said angrily.

“I wanted to-“Edward started “Come on Jake let’s go for a ride” Bella said and Jake and her started to walk to the bike.

I heard Bella yell “No” to Edward and Jacob’s motorcycle start and take off