Epilogue

Tris:

It's been 3 years since I came back and only Tobias knows what really happened to me and what was on that note I had been given. No one can really understand the real reason I faked my death. Tobias however does completely understand. Though how he can is beyond me. If only Jeanine had died back in erudite this wouldn't have happened. Because of that note I knew I had to save all population by doing one simple task, disappearing. When I disappeared I tracked jeanine down and worked things out. Turns out all I had to do was trick her into taking some memory serum

. I shouldn't be thinking about this today though. Today I'm finally getting married to Tobias after 7 or 8 years of course 5 of those years he thought I was dead.

Christina is helping me with my dress which is a white long sleeved dress that goes past my ankles. I'm wearing simple white shoes with a ghost of a heel. Christina gives me the lace veil and a corsage. I can't believe I'm actually getting married. Everyone who's still alive will be there except my brother doesn't necessarily know that I'm alive yet so he might freak out. I guess he deserves it after the betraying and all but I still feel guilty about not telling but how could I he was doing some top secret mission. It's time to enter the hall where my weddings being held. I am so nervous I don't know what to do.

Time lapse

The person wedding us finally says "kiss the bride" and me and Tobias kiss while Christina is silently crying and Caleb looking shell shocked and like a ghost.   

Tobias and I pull apart and walk down the isle hand in hand grinning like complete fools. I can hear Caleb stuttering under is breath "How. It's not possible. It defies all logic"

-4 years later-

  Caleb still has me explain to him how I'm alive. Of coarse I only tell him half the truth. He turns to Tobias who is playing with our daughter, Tori. "Four, is this true?" Tobias looks up and simply just says "For the thousandth time Caleb yes it's true" nobody call Tobias, Tobias but me still. It's like our little secret. The oven the beeped and I rush to get the ham out of the oven.  

It's Christmas so we have what little family we have left, over, except Caleb brought Cara over because they're engaged.

I call everyone in the kitchen to come and eat. As we begin to fill up after eating a feast I pull out desert. Tobias thinks Dauntless cake is gone forever but I found the recipe and decided to make it while he was gone at work. I set down the cake and Tobias's eyes widen. "Is that. Is that really. DAUNTLESS CAKE!" I knew he'd be excited.

"But how? I mean it's been 11 years since I've had dauntless cake or even heard a mention of it" "I just found the recipe in my moms cook book" I say while cutting everyone a slice of cake. I give Tobias the biggest slice and sit to eat myself. "This is amazing. Why didn't erudite have this?" Cara says through mouthfuls if cake. "Dauntless had cake, erudite had fizzy drinks" Evelyn says. She and Tobias have been able to bond like they had hoped but he and his father, there is no hope so we always invite Evelyn over and not Marcus. And besides, Marcus disappeared after the treaty and still, has never been seen.

  -time lapse-  

We each open our gifts from each other and Evelyn had given Tori a coloring book and a pack of crayons. She is after all 2 years old. I give Cara a book I think she'd enjoy it's called "Atlas of the United States" she taken an interest about our country. Caleb gives Tobias a get well soon card? He opens it and inside it has a gift card to Everything Guns. Great like he needs another gun. "What did you think it was actually just a lame card for the wrong subject?" Caleb jokes. "Actually yes I did" Tobias jokes

  -time lapse again-

  Our guests leave and it's just me Tobias and Tori. There's just a few gifts under the tree and Tori had already been given hers and is fast sleep in the couch. "Look up" Tobias says. I look up and there's a missile toe hanging above us. Tobias's arms were already around me ''I put my hands on his chest. We kiss for a good minute or so before we break.

"Merry Christmas" he says. "Merry Christmas" I say back "This is one if the most romantic things you have probably ever done" I joke. It's true, even his proposal was lame. He just blurted it out in a conversation about ducks. Why we were talking about ducks? I don't know. He laughs at my joke and I pull a present out from under the tree.  

There's only one left now. Inside the gift I gave to Tobias is a one of a kind gun. He's been wanting it forever but refused to buy it because it's a 2k gun. He opens it and he almost drops the gun. "Where did you get the money?" He asks "I saved" I say. "But, it shouldn't be a concern of  yours"

He grabs the last gift under the tree. It's a small box but it doesn't matter. He hands it to me and I open it. Inside there's a velvet box holding a gorgeous diamond necklace. It has a 4 and a 6 inside a heart. "Oh my gosh. Tobias" I say. This is definitely the most romantic thing he has ever done. "Turn around" he says and takes the necklace away. He puts it on me and I look down to examine it. "It's beautiful" I say. "I love you Tobias" I say. "I love you too Tris"

A/N If you see the same exact story on Instagram don't worry its just me on the user @.four_divergent_tributes. Yes I know I have errors in this but give me a break I wrote it on instagram at 2 am on my phone. All characters belong to the fabulous author of the Divergent series Veronica Roth