Chapter 1

Valentina's POV
December 1st, 1983

I woke up to my annoying alarm clock. I groaned and stop it while yawning. I glanced at the clock.

1:00pm

I don't know who told me to stay up late. Michael wanted me to be ready by 2:00pm. He doesn't play when he has a set schedule. He expects you to be ready or on time. I chuckled at the thought of him and his ways. Today was our best friend anniversary. We've officially have been best friends for 13 years. I don't know where I'd be without him. I sighed getting out of bed.

I walked into the bathroom and got ready for the day he has planned for us.

***

I turned on the radio

I turned on the radio. 'Love Me In A Special Way' by DeBarge was playing. I sat on the bed putting on my heels. I then made my way to my vanity and unwrapped my hair. I decided to leave it straight. I sprayed perfume and grabbed my purse making sure I had everything.

I swayed back and forth and sung along while putting my earrings in.

Love me in a special way
What more can I say?
Love me now

I heard someone clear their throat. I froze in place. "Listen I have a safe in the closet. Take what you want. The code is 1234". I slowly lifted my hands. The person busted out laughing. Just from the sounds of it I knew who it was.

"Michael" I turned around with a straight face. I swung my pocketbook hitting him.

"You know that I'm scary as hell and you thought that was cool to freaking scare me". He was cracking up.

"Listen I have a safe in the closet. Take what you want" He put his hands up mocking me. I hit him with the pocketbook again.

"Owww ok I'm sorry" he said breathlessly. I turned the stereo off and plopped on the edge of the bed giving him a death glare.

"1234 Valey? That's like the most obvious code" He began laughing again.

"Yeah maybe I should change that."I scratched my head chuckling. "Give me some love. Happy Bestfriends Day " He opened his arms .