Chapter 4

December 2nd, 1983

Valentina P.O.V

"I look hideous" Michael hollered as Karen finished up his makeup for the video. She was turning him into a zombie for the last segment of 'Thriller'. It was two days before Michael's music video release.

"Done" Karen said stepping back.

"How do I look Honeybun?" Michael stood up walking towards me. He had on this red leather jacket with the matching pants.

"Yep I'm definitely gonna have nightmares" I looked away. Karen and Michael chuckled.

"You're so scary" He shook his head grabbing my hand. We walked onto the set and there stood Ola Ray talking to the director Jerry Kramer. She turned her attention to me and Michael.

"Hi Michael" She hugged him.

"Is this she?" She looked at smiling. I looked at Michael who I could tell was blushing even under all his makeup.

"Hi I'm Valentina" I stuck my hand out for her to shake. Instead she pulled me in for a hug .

"Hey girl, I've heard so much about you!" She squealed.

"Really?"I raised my eyebrow looking back at Michael. He gave me a nervous smile.

"Yes girl he can't stop talking about-"

"Hey that's enough can we start ?" Michael cut her off asking Jerry. I smirked.

"ALRIGHT PLACES EVERYONE" Jerry yelled. Jerry lead me to a chair beside the directors chair. I sat down.

" 1, 2 ,3 ....ACTION"

It started from scene where the zombies attacked Michael. Ola Ray screamed frightened as Michael was now a zombie. They began the dance routine. I watched in amazement. Michael was simply amazing. I smiled at him and he smiled back.

***

"And that's a wrap. Good job everybody!" Jerry stood up clapping his hands.

The background dancers all took a sigh of relief.I giggled quietly to myself. Jerry and Michael plays no games. They want perfection and perfection only. I looked and spotted Michael having a conversation with one of the other set directors. He must of felt my eyes on him cause he smirked and finished up his conversation. He walked over to me embracing me.  I squealed.

"That was so good Mikey"  I squeezed him rocking him back and forth. We let go of each other. And he stepped back.

" I know right" I rolled my eyes. "So cocky" I shook my head chuckling.

" But really did you like what you saw?" He questioned. "Yes it was good Michael" I don't know why he always doubts himself.

" Now go take this makeup off. I'm gonna have horrible nightmares " I picked at his face. He laughed moving my hand and walking off the to the dressing room. As soon as Michael walked off Ola Ray ran up to me.

"So girl tell me the deeds. Are you guys dating?" I chuckled nervously and shook my head no. I'm pretty sure I look like a damn apple. 

" You sure? The way he talks about you, everyone here thinks so" She folded her arms shifting her weight to one foot. I gave her a look of confusion.

"Really? She nodded. I glanced at Michael as he disappeared to the dressing room. What does this mean?

****
December 4th, 1983

Valentina's POV

I wanted as everyone gathered around in the private movie theaters in the Jackson's home. Today was the release of Michael's music video 'Thriller'. Brianna plopped beside me with some popcorn and two sodas. She handed me one and I thanked her with a smile. The theater lights dimmed and Michael stood in front of the big screen and the theater began to roar with applause.

'Thank you" he chuckled nervously. He cleared his throat.

"I would like to thank everyone for their love and support. I would like to thank my team for helping me create this in such little time. Everyone that played apart no matter how big or small, thank you. I now present to you Thriller" He backed away from the screen and the video begun.

I began munching on some of Brianna's popcorn.

"Hey" she slapped my hand away.

The theater roared with applauses and cheers. I couldn't believe this was created in such little time. I glanced at Michael who was blushing from all the love he was receiving. We exited theater heading to the living room. I sat next in-between Randy and Marlon who were bickering per usual.

"Y'all stop y'all nonsense" I pointed my finger at the both of them. Janet giggled as she sat on my lap playing with my hair. Michael entered the living room. "So family what did you think?" He glanced around the room.

"It was really good mike , really good" Mama K said planting a kiss on his cheek.

"Yeah bro, you did your thing" Tito dapped him up.
"YEAH UNCLE MIKE !!! It was a little scary though" TJ ran up to him. Everyone laughed.

"I liked it " Janet stood up hugging him. Everyone murmured in agreement. I smiled at Michael and he smiled back