Chapter 3

Valentina P.O.V

Sunday November 28th, 1983.

1:00pm

I woke up to the sound of the birds singing and sun beaming in my face. I slowly got out the bed looking out the window. The conversation I had with Brianna and Monica a couple of weeks ago was still on my mind heavily. I was unsure of what to do. The mail truck pulled up to my condo. The regular mailman placed the mail in the mailbox before waving me. I waved back as he got back in and pulled off.  I get up and put my robe and slippers on. I walk downstairs and outside. I open the mailbox to see something from Elizabeth and some bills. I close the mailbox and walk back inside. I sit on the couch and open it. It's an invitation.

To: Valentina Diaz

From: Elizabeth Taylor

Dear Valentina,

You Have Been Invited To My Christmas Eve Party. It will be taken place at my mansion on December 24, 1983 at 7:00pm. We ask if all guest wear white. Thank you in advance.

Address: 700 Nimes Road Los Angeles, California

I smiled. Being Michael's bestfriend comes with a lot of perks. I've met so many people in the industry over the years. I placed the invitation on the living room table and walked upstairs. I haven't seen Michael in two weeks . I know he's busy with working on the upcoming tour  and his new music video but he hasn't called or anything . I shrugged it off. I decided I was going to chill. I should be working but Michael swears I don't need to . I like to have my own . I don't like anyone taking care of me. I graduated a couple months with an Bachelors in Pediatrics. I've put working on hold for Michael but that was gonna change soon. I got up headed upstairs to do my daily hygiene.

***

I headed downstairs

I headed downstairs. I made my way to the kitchen to make me something to eat. I turned on the stereo. 'This Place Hotel' was playing I bopped my head to the beat.

We walked up the stairs still concealing gloom

There were two girls sittin' in my room

She walked up to my face, and said this is the place

You said meet you right here at noon

I grabbed a spoon using it as a microphone.

This is Heartbreak Hotel

Welcome to Heartbreak Hotel

So this is Heartbreak Hotel

This place is Heartbreak Hotel

I danced around the kitchen. Moving my hips to the beat.I backed into something.

"Owww the fuck" I rubbed my arm turning around to see Michael standing in the doorway smirking at me. "You know you need to start announcing your presence". I said hitting him with the spoon.

"You gave me my own key. Why do I need to?" He continued smirking. I rolled my eyes walking to the the fridge. I wanted a sandwich.

"For emergencies not to sneak up on me" I opened the loaf of bread taking out four slices. I know he'll want one so I didn't bother to ask.

"If I didn't sneak up on you, I would miss out moments like those" He laughed.

"Leave me alone" I glared at him putting mayo on the bread. He walked up to me kissing my cheek and then sitting at the island.   I put honey maple turkey, lettuce, tomatoes, salt, pepper, and vinegar on the sandwich. I cut them in half placing them on separate plates. I grabbed some chips and pouring them on each plate. I handed Michael his.

"Thank you" I just nodded my head sitting beside him.

"How's the tour preparation going?" I took a bite of my sandwich. He rolled his eyes.

"I don't really want to do the tour. They're pressuring me too" I raised my eyebrow. "My family. Especially Joseph. Ever since I came out with my solo albums they're been pressuring me to do something with the 5 of us. I love my brothers and I'd do anything for them but it's time that I move on to the next chapter of my life and that's focusing on my solo career"

"So why do something you don't want to do?" I questioned. He just sighed.

I just feel like they want to get in on Michael's success. They haven't did anything together in a couple years now all of a sudden Michael's solo career blows up and they want to reunite. But I understand his position. That's his family.

"I know you don't want to. But, just think of the money" I shrugged and he chuckled at me."Let that motivate you"

"Please girl Thriller was top of the top" He hollered. "Speaking of thriller, I wanted to know if you wanted to come to the set"

"Of course! how can I not be there for my best friend" I nudged him. He gave a small smile biting into his sandwich.

Michael was currently filming the music video for the hit 'Thriller' .We finished up our lunch and then sat on the couch. I grabbed the remote flicking through the channels. I could feel eyes on me.

"Why you staring at me?" I chuckled not moving my eyes from TV. I glanced at him. He was red as an apple scratching his head. I giggled placing a kiss on his cheek. "What do you want to watch?"

"You know what I'm gonna say" He smiled at me.

"Peter Pan" We said in unison. We bust out laughing. I stood up putting the tape in the DVR. I sat back down next to him. He put his arm around me and I cuddled into his chest. He gently stroked my hair.

***

I woke up in my bed. I sat up rubbing my eyes.

"Michael?" He walked out the bathroom in shorts and a tee. . His hair dripping wet from the shower. Lord this man was so beautiful. I bit my lip starring at him.

"Hello Sleepyhead" He greeted hanging his towel up. I chuckled.

"It was your fault. You know what stroking my hair does to me" I argued. He chuckled sitting beside me.

"Your staying the night?" I was hoping he'll say yes. I hate being alone. I don't know why I got my own condo in the first place.

"Yes scary. I'm staying" I playfully rolled my eyes. "Good"  I rubbed my stomach as it growled.

"You're hungry?" He asked. I nodded.

We decided we wanted Popeyes. He called Carl and Gary and they went to pick it up. We went downstairs to wait for them. I stood in the middle of the living room stretching. From the corner of my eye I could see Michael with this evil smile plastered on his face. I already knew what he had up his sleeve.

"Michael n-" Before I could finish my sentence he tackled me tickling me. "Michael stoppp" I managed to say in between laughs. I tried my best to move him but he had all his weight on me.

"Say you love  Michael Jackson" He started tickling my underarms. "Michael" I squealed.

"Say it" He laughed.

"I l-ov-e-ee Mich-a-ael Jackson!!!" he stopped tickling me but he didn't move. We locked eyes. The stare was so intense I could melt. The butterflies flew around in my stomach. As he leaned in closer my heart rate began to pick up. He's so close I could feel his breath on my lips.The house door flew open and there stood Carl and Gary.

"Were y'all in the middle of something". Gary asked with his eyes covered. Me and Michael just blushed. Michael gets off of me and sits beside me. Carl hands me the food smirking.I blush again.

"Thank you" Michael said still embarassed.

"Your welcome we are just going to wait out side just in case you know" He said winking. They left closing the door behind them. We just stared at each other. Does he feel the way that I feel?