2.6

╰☆╮

youngjae slips on the black hoodie, runs his fingers through his dark hair and sighs, making his way to the rooftopㅡ his favourite place to be when emotions take over him, or rather more of when jaebum comes over and they spend hours under the stars together. he finds comfort in that empty space, and it's safe to say three-quarters of the reason why he feels so at home in that area is because of the mere presence of jaebum.

"jae-ah," a gentle voiceㅡa voice he's learnt to love, evenㅡcalls out to him, and he turns around to be greeted by the sight of jaebum dressed in an oversized, long-sleeved black top and ripped jeans, a pair of light-coloured sneakers covering his feet. "did you wait for a long time? sorry i was late," he smiles as he rubs his neck, padding over to sit next to the latter and setting the plastic bag in front of him. "here's the cheesecake you wanted though, hopefully it makes up for it."

youngjae doesn't speak. instead he just looks at jaebumㅡeyes wide, lips parted, fingers twiddling. he can't find the words to tell the male sitting beside him, nor does he have the guts to just take his hand and slip his fingers in between them. he can't muster up the courage to lean on his shoulder like he used to. youngjae is statuesque, simply staring at the beauty before himㅡwith his eyelashes brushing lightly against his skin when he closes his eyes, the sides of his mouth curled up slightly, his hair falling over his face, the moonlight illuminating his sharp features. youngjae gulps, balling his fists up as he fights back the urge to kiss him right then and there.

have i really fallen in love with him?

"eo, what was it did you want to tell me?" jaebum questions quietly, resting his chin on his knees and glancing at the younger boy. youngjae bites his lip so hard he'd swear it bled. "oh my god, jae, you're so quiet today. what's wrong?"

youngjae slowly places his hand over jaebum's, sliding his fingers to fit in between his. he breathes deeply and looks up at the elder boy through his lashes, smiling a little when he feels jaebum give his hand a small squeeze.

"hey, you okay?"

no.

"talk to me about it, jae."

i can't even open my mouth.

jaebum faces youngjae and sighs, brushing away a strand of hair away from his forehead. he lets his slender fingers stroke the latter's cheekbones, down to his jawline, and stopping at the plane of his neck. there's goosebumps rising on youngjae's skin, and he shivers under the sudden coolness. still, he relishes the skin contact and melts under his touch.

"hyung, c-can i do something?"

jaebum chuckles lightly, poking youngjae's nose and nodding his head. it results in the younger boy scooting closer, making their knees touch, their hands still entwined. he feels heat creeping up his neck and his cheeks, but he quickly ignores it.

slowly he leans in, and jaebum leans in, and youngjae's heart is pumping so fast against his chest he feels like crying, and jaebum is just looking at him intently, so intently that he's scared of what's coming. youngjae closes his eyes and lets go of jaebum's hand, resting it his neck instead, and he leans in closer and closer. he practically screams internally when there's no gap in between them anymore.

that's rightㅡchoi youngjae kissed im jaebum.

sparks flying, hands shaking, fingers trembling, heart beating, thoughts floatingㅡthese are all that youngjae experienced when their lips touched and there's nothing but silence in the air. he's dizzy and his heart is telling him to stay and let his lips linger for as long as he wants, but he listens to his mind instead.

he gets on his feet, runs away, and leaves jaebum absolutely confused.

THIS WAS FUCKING UNPLANNED

im crying im crying im crying idk who to scream at idk if i should hate youngjae or just comfort jaebum like omg im fUcKiNg cRyInG

im excited for the comments vote and all ily huhuhu

- syif xoxoxoxo