4.0

╰☆╮

"yeon-hwa?"

the nineteen year-old turns around, greeted by a rather confused minhyukㅡdressed in the polo tee and ripped jeans, his lips parted slightly and his eyes questioning. she brings her hair over her shoulder, pulling the sleeves of her sweater down and biting her inner cheek. yeon-hwa walks over slowly to him, breathing in deeply as she takes his hand.

"is rowoon in? is the cafe packed? is jaebum or jinyoungㅡ" minhyuk cuts her off, squeezing her hand and pursing his lips together. he simply gives her a small smile and chuckles lightly. "ya, don't just smile at me like that! i don't want you to get in trouble."

"i got myself covered. jaebum's stalling rowoon. jinyoung's working extra hard today. you sounded really serious, you know? i don't want you to rush or anything," minhyuk pats her head. "so come on now. speak up."

yeon-hwa lets go of his hand, keeping her eyes on the ground. it's as if her lips have been sealedㅡthe words she'd wanted to tell minhyuk, she can't find. she's frozen, and it makes minhyuk frown. she hasn't been working in the cafe for long, but being the youngest there, minhyuk cares for her as though she's his own sister. they don't talk often either, but they aren't all that formal around each other, even though there's a three year age gap between them. the elder male is, safe to say, honestly really worried for what's coming.

minhyuk places his hand on her shoulder. "yeon-hwa, are you alright?"

"i need your help," she looks up at him. "my sister is spying on me, or at least, at some point in time, she's going to. it's a long story, but i just," yeon-hwa stops mid-sentence, hesitating as she suddenly directs her gaze to the ground again. "i need you to pretend."

the male frowns again. "pretend?"

"minhyuk, i need you to pretend to be my boyfriend. she wanted be to hit on jaebum and break him and his boyfriend up, but i can't fucking do that to them. she wanted me to hit on you and date you and deliberately hurt you, but i can't do that to you either. when she comes around, you have to pretend. just pretend. my feelings for you can't go beyond that of a good friend's. you're like my brother and you yourself know that. minhyuk," she breathes, "i went through shit because of her. and if things don't go her way, i'll be going through more shit. i'mㅡ"

minhyuk shushes her, placing his finger on her lips. he smiles at her and ruffles her hair, nodding his head. "i'll help you, okay? don't worry. i won't let you go through shit again."

but her features twist into a distressed, more wary look. she gulps, suddenly frozen in place again. she manages to grab minhyuk's hand, but her breathing pace is faster than usual. the male takes her by her shoulders and stares right into her soul, finding an answer to his desperate questionㅡwhat's happening?

"minhyuk," yeon-hwa says quietly. "we're being watched."

he blinks once, twice. "what? by who?"

"my sister."

"fuck, am i supposed to do anything?"

yeon-hwa nods slightly, remaining composed as she tightens her grip on minhyuk's hand before she leans closer. it takes minhyuk aback, to say the least, but he keeps a straight face as the girl in front of him inches closer. his heart is palpitating about two times faster, and when her lips come into contact with his cheek he feels as if the organ might just burst.

"pretend i didn't do that, thanks."

the soon-to-be adult beams at him, taking a few steps away from him. minhyuk, however, stops her from moving by grabbing her wrist and turning her around. audibly, she gasps, gulping as the elder male looks at her straight in the eyes.

"why did you tell me about this? you could've just played me."

yeon-hwa bites her lips.

"i've hurt my own boyfriend when i left him. i lost him," she tells minhyuk. "but i don't want to hurt you. i don't want to lose yousomeone i care about, too."

#YEONHWAFORQUEEN2K16

im starting to lowkey ship these two idk would #yeonhyuk float yalls boat ?? i rlly like them and i mean ,, inseong but ,, yanno ,, these two are cute too so idk ?? tell me ur opinions ??

u cant rlly insult yeon-joo on this but u still can hate her bc everyone hates this fucking piece of shit that deserves to d i e

vOtE aNd AlL iLy

- syif x