4.3

╰☆╮

minhyuk nudges yeon-hwa, which annoys her slightly, until he whisper-shouts a ya! in her ear and points at a petite woman. she's dressed in a sheer white top and a pair of jeans, plain white sneakers covering her feet. yeon-hwa cringes, nodding her head at minhyukㅡit's yeon-joo.

she used to hate her sister, but now the hatred turns into despise. she really hopes the elder female ends up having bad luck in her life. maybe even a few scars, bruises, cuts, here and there. if she lives her life unhappy, yeon-hwa wants her sister to feel her pain.

"god, do we really have to do this?" minhyuk whines, scrunching his nose up as he turns to face the younger girl. "i feel like i can't look at you the same way anymore. let alone talk to you like this."

yeon-hwa grumbles. "do you think i want to do this? i'm hesitant as well, hyuk-ah. but it's better than me not even telling you about her being a bitch, better than me playing you and eventually hurt you and lose you, you feel me?" she bites her inner cheek, meeting minhyuk's eyes and giving him a sympathetic look. "you told me you'd help me get out of this mess, right? please, i only have you right now."

it makes minhyuk exhale deeply, ruffling her dark hair and smiling softly at her. if he's the only one who can help her, he'd do it willingly. he's not one to see people in trouble or in pain. he hates just standing around and watching the show. no matter who it is, honestly, if they asked him for help, he'd do it. sometimes he's too kind and ends up being on the losing end.

but it's yeon-hwa.

yeon-hwaㅡthe girl who made his heart skip a beat every time she smiled, every time she laughed, every time she spoke in low tones, every time she looked at him. yeon-hwaㅡthe girl who he befriended in such a short time, but knew so much about as though they've known each other since forever ago. yeon-hwaㅡthe girl who hides so many things, so many secrets, so many troubles and pains. yeon-hwaㅡthe girl who he never thought would be the one to open his heart again.

"okay," minhyuk tells her quietly, tilting his head to the side and eyeing yeon-joo, who is seated in a booth. "i promised i'd help you, and i'm doing that. i'm not breaking my promises. they're not empty." he lightly pushes her back to the counter, going back into the kitchen where jaebum is looking at him with one eyebrow raised.

minhyuk frowns. "why are you looking at me like that?"

"jeez, you've been talking to yeon-hwa a lot lately. what the hell did i miss when i left you alone with her when she fell? must take you hours to explain yourself," jaebum chuckles, "your fond is showing, lee minhyuk."

the younger male throws a spoon at the brunette, but he dodges it and starts laughing hysterically. jaebum stops when he hears rowoon saying something about fooling around through the door separating the kitchen and the counter, clutching his stomach when he sees minhyuk's done face. he especially loved teasing and bullying his dongsaeng, what more if it's about yeon-hwa.

"i do not like her, not like that," minhyuk grunts, shaking his head vigorously. "she's a good friend. i'm helping her out with something, that's three-quarters of the reason why i've been talking to her a lot."

jaebum widens his eyes. "and the remaining quarter?"

"the remaining quarter, umㅡ" minhyuk is cut off by yeon-hwa bursting through the door, her mouth open as if to say something. as soon as she sees a very amused jaebum leaning against the wall with his arms across his chest and a rather perplexed minhyuk sitting on the stool, she takes a few steps back and closes the door, exiting the kitchen. the two males exchange confused glances, but they shrug it off, and jaebum is back to literally interrogating minhyuk.

he runs a hand through his hair. "and you were saying, minhyuk?"

"i meant to say it's a natural thing. i mean, don't you talk to her too? doesn't she talk to you often, and jinyoung as well? no?" he sounds panicked, which makes jaebum purse his lips tightly to hold back the laughter. it's so obvious that he's hiding something. "i mean, maybe she doesn't do it that often with the rest of you guys because i'm closer to her? i don't know."

jaebum giggles, covering his mouth with the palm of his hand. "yikes, minhyuk, if that's the way you're gonna keep your secretssorry to burst your bubble, people would find out that you're hiding something in the first place. step on your game, boy," he shakes his head, "you can tell me if you like her, you know."

minhyuk fiddles with his fingers, diverting his gaze to the ground. he chews on the skin of his bottom lip, unable to answer the male in front of him. he slowly looks up to meet jaebum's questioning eyes, gulping rather audibly as he nervously rubs his neck. minhyuk breathes deeply, placing his hands in between his thighs.

"maybe just a little bit."

but neither minhyuk, nor jaebum, knew that yeon-hwa was eavesdropping.

yIKES

yall thought this chap would be focused on yeon-joo flirting with jaebum or sth lmao sike theres more drama but should i be sorry ?? should i apologize in advance if i break ur hearts ?? should ?? i ??

what if i made inseong come in outta nowhere y i k e s

this wasnt even 1k words and i took like 2h to write this im so unmotivated and im so tired from the dance pracs ive been doing im sorry if i dont update as often im just rlly having thoughts on discontinuing this bc its getting so boring and pointless tbh

8.4k + 1k votes ,, tysm everyone ilygsm

^ that is lit how fast i went from hyper to emo

^^ also explains how fast i go from hard to soft when it comes to jaebum tbh

vote and all idk

- syif xoxo