Maven ~ I Missed You

A/N ~ This one is sort of portrayed as you being in Mare's place right after Glass Sword.

I gave it up. I gave it all up for Cal. He was like a brother to me, and I couldn't separate him and Mare, I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

So here I was, with the insane man I loved. A monster I couldn't quite let go of.

Here I was, chained to his bed in the palace. A place I'd told myself I'd never venture again, not after last time. . .

I had woken up in a small room before being taken to a bath and makeup and dressing seconds later. By dressing, it was apparent that to them that meant skimpy lingerie, by a soothing bath, they meant being scrubbed raw, waxed everywhere, and did my hair which altogether left me beautiful but unrecognizable. Now I was left as if I was a sex slave. But I knew this wasn't Maven's style, so I wasn't truly worried.

However, through all this, not once did I complain, cry, or even regret my decision. If it meant keeping the Little Lightning Girl alive, it was worth it. Honestly, some day being nice is going to get me in trouble.

"Well here we are, finally." Came a husky voice from the corner of the room.

My head snapped to the source of the sudden noise to see him leaning casually against the wall. His hair was just a perfect as ever, and still looked to be begging for me to run my hands through it. But never the less, I gave him a smirk.

"Seems so, but now that you have me, what do you plan on doing to me?" I asked, though my voice was naturally raspy, this one came out more sexily than intended.

"Well, it's completely in my power to have my way with you, one that I know I could ensure you would enjoy. But as tempting as you look right now, I've decided to wait for our wedding night, which is thankfully in exactly two days." Maven replied, and began walking towards me. His muscled torso was bare and on display for my hungry eyes.

He certainly was tempting as well, but I refrained from thinking about that.

"Really? You haven't seen the dress I chose before I left have you?" I played along.

"Of course not, Mother wouldn't allow it," His voice broke at the mention of his mother, and he sat next to me on the massive bed. For a moment it was silent; an unspoken agreement was made to not speak of Elara.

But though we didn't speak, tears still made their way down his face. Then, the unexpected happened, and Maven wrapped his strong arms around me. He pressed my body against his, and I felt him bury his head in my shoulder. I stiffened under the warm touch I'd missed and yearned for for so long.

"Please," he whispered, "I need your touch, please," his voice broke and with it, so did my heart.

I encircled my arms around him, one around his back and one hand stroking his hair, soothingly. "You're okay, it's okay, I'm here now, it'll all be okay."

"I missed you, nothing was the same, I won't let you leave my sight again," he pulled his head away from my shoulder and looked me in the eye. I nodded, and that was all it took for him to put his lips to mine.

I never left him again.