Cal ~ Early Morning

A/N ~ Dedicated to @iklildabomb

The morning was quiet and serene, just how I liked it. The palace had yet to stir save for the reds that were starting the fires and starting to prepare breakfast, and the guards patrolling the halls, and they were too quiet to draw attention to themselves. I myself was fixing some hot cocoa to sip on before the tumultuous day began.

The only reason why I ever rose this early was to enjoy the silence while it lasted, that and I only ever had a good day when I had at least thirty minutes to read before I conversed with another human being. In actuality, I despised waking up early, but on days when I had a busy schedule of training and luncheons, I knew I needed some time to myself before going into society.

No one ever bothered me while I was on my early morning excursions. No one dared.

Today I had nothing on my schedule, however, I had sadly woken up at the awful hour of five in the morning for no obvious reason. Seeing as I didn't want to stay in bed for three or four more hours, I had decided to wake up and make cocoa.

The first time Cal had woken up without me in the bed, he nearly burnt down the south wing of the palace. Servants had to come running to get me to inform me that my fiance was about to lose his mind looking for me. I went back to our chambers only to find that the curtains were singed and the rest of the room was smoking with Cal in the middle of it. I'd had to silence him to calm him down, and for the rest of the day he had refused to stop cuddling, holding, or coddling me in some way, shape, or form. I made sure to inform him of hen I would be going out after that.

This morning I had felt like hearing the birds, and so I picked up my mug and book and migrated to one of our many gardens behind the palace. After I had found a beautiful tree to sit under, I spent a few minutes just listening to the calming sounds of nature before I picked up my book and began to read.

After the sun had fully risen and my beverage had run dry, I had decided it was time to start my day. As I walked back towards the kitchen I noticed many more servants running around and fetching breakfast for the inhabitants of the castle. I decided to return to my chambers where there was a small kitchenette and wash my mug out there where I would not be prone to hear the noise of the early morning hustle and bustle.

As soon as I closed the chamber door behind me burly arms circled my waist and a strong jaw found itself resting atop of my head. For a moment, we stayed there and enjoyed each other's presence.

"I don't like it when I don't have you by my side in the morning," he said in his very deep, very sexy morning voice.

"And why would that be?" I asked him with a content sigh.

"Because then I can't cuddle with you, and when I can't cuddle with you I can't go back to sleep," he mumbled.

"Awe, poor baby," I mocked.

"Oh hush, you," he chuckled and scooped me up only to plop me back down on the bed, which caused my mug and book to fly out of my hands.

"Oh look what you've done now," I scolded him, "you could have caused me to drop the mug on the floor, or worse, my book could have been damaged!"

But he paid no heed to me as he curled into my side, basically begging to be the little spoon. I sighed and caved, he hummed in satisfaction when my arms wrapped around him, though they were barely long enough to reach all the way around his very muscular chest.

After I knew that he had fallen asleep again I rose again and picked up my mug before walking back over to the kitchenette, where I began to cook some breakfast. But no sooner had I placed my mug on the counter to dry was I picked up again and placed on the bed once again, though it was a bit rougher this time.

"We seem to be creating a pattern, love," he gumbled.

"Please, I only wanted to make breakfast," I whined. However, I was very much enjoying our position, one that I was quite familiar with.

"Oh come now, dear, you haven't even worked up your appetite yet," he chuckled and began to kiss his way down my neck.