Maven ~ Not So Boring Banquet

On a normal day, I ate with my husband in our personal dining room. I always treasured these meals because they were sometimes the only times throughout the day that he and I were together alone other than when we slept. Of course, I was almost always with him(other than when he was in meetings concerning war and such. He always sent me to our chambers during those because he despised me seeing that side of him) but we were always surrounded by sentinels and Lords and Reds.

But this day was not a normal day.

Today we were hosting a banquet. What for, I could not remember nor did I care. All I knew was that it was replacing one of my favorite times of day. The servants had been preparing for this all week and the High families were gathering from all over. It was simply suffocating, I never had been one for socialization and especially not with the likes of the Silver nobility, who, might I add, generally despised me.

But because of the fact that my husband was the king, which by default made me queen, I was forced to don a simply gorgeous dress and socialize with the the very Silvers that so despised me.

Besides that, there was also the entire day of the banquet that included a beautiful torture for me. I was woken at dawn and hurried away from my husband to the spas and baths where I was massaged, exfoliated, cleaned, primped, waxed, smoothed and rejuvenated until noon. I was not to be given breakfast or lunch so that not only would I have a healthy appetite for tonight but also so that my corset would fit. After the spa I was led to the actual torture, primping. first, I was put into my gown.

Then my hair was done and then the makeup

And then finally I was returned to my husband

His day had been equally stressful but in a different way; he had been conducting last minute preparations for the banquet.

We met just as the banquet was starting and barely had time to converse before we entered the ballroom. We did not separate the entire night. In fact, we did not so much as venture away from our thrones. After the guests had spent a good couple of hours dancing and gossiping everyone sat at the table and the feast began.

I did not notice the way Maven had been glancing at me, or rather, which parts of me he was glancing at. I did not notice his mood until I felt a hand underneath the table while I was indulging in a particularly well cooked porkchop. As I was now queen and had to have perfect 'etiquette' I barely caught myself before I made any suggestion that something was amiss to anyone who may be looking. I could tell this both pleased and agitated him. Pleased because I was behaving, agitated because I was not responding to his touch.

His hand which had originally been closer to my knee began getting higher up my thigh and left a scorching trail in its wake. It was that moment I was suddenly ever so grateful that my gown had many layers of under skirts that were between him and my skin or else I knew he would not have been content with a mere teasing of the thigh.

I glanced up at him and rose a brow to ask if I could see his thoughts. He pulled his lip between his teeth to signal his consent.

I gently used the power I had taken from his mother a few months ago to see the images in his mind. It is needless to say that they were nothing short of kinky.

'At least let me finish my meal, baby,' I chuckled into his thoughts.

'As long as you still have an appetite later,' the smug king said, and my legs instinctually crossed one over the other.

The meal carried on, and when we finally reached the main course, I was more than happy when I caught sight of the head chef's notorious spaghetti. My mouth watered and my tongue could hardly wait for the tomato sauce that never fell short of absolute perfection. When a servant had finally fixed my plate, I dove in.

The seasoning was superb and the sauce had just the right kick that didn't overwhelm you but instead left you craving more. The noodles were thin and cut short so that I would not slurp but also because that was my personal preference because of how easily they went down my throat. The cheese on top gave the succulent meal an added oomph that just left me dazed with a food orgasm.

I moaned quietly at the sheer wonder of this delectable dish. I could not help myself. I knew it was obscene to make such a wanton sound at the dinner table but I simply could not be helped. But I did little to stop it except to make it quiet enough so that only the man beside me heard it.

Maven's reaction was immediate yet subtle. Like I had, he could not help himself but to have this reaction but could only make it as unnoticeable as possible. His already impeccable posture stiffened further, and I felt the hand on my thigh clench this slightest bit almost eliciting a gasp from me. I almost smirked before I remembered the place. I wanted to gloat but kept my silent victory party on the inside.

'You're going to regret that stunt later, My Little Red,' I heard a titillating growl.

'I expect to.'

The rest of the night was relatively boring and uneventful. However, my mind could not focus on anything except the thumb that had not ceased rubbing errotic circles on my thigh since it was last placed there hours ago or the promise my husband had made. He had not spoken to me since, verbally or mentally, and rather conversed with some generals around him. I myself partook in some small talk here and there but could not hold a conversation.

At around midnight, the partygoers began to leave and soon it came time when it was acceptable for us to leave. As soon as that moment struck, I was pulled out of my chair and led out of the ballroom to our quarters by a very eager husband.

"Quite avid, aren't we, dear?" I chuckled as soon as we were far enough away from everyone.

He growled and threw me over his shoulder in order to move quicker and not have to wait for my lazy backside to mozy along.

Within minutes, I was on our bed and he pounced on top of me as not to let me play and run away. He pinned me down easily and his hands left a scorching trail along my skin that left me panting. With one he held my arms above my head, and with the other he held my hips down.

"Awe, you're no fun," I pouted as I couldn't move or touch him like I so desperately wanted to.

"Mmm, we'll see if you continue to think that after I've had my way with you, Little Red."

He placed his hips down on mine, leaving me gasping at the friction, and used his now free hand to grab the back of my neck and pull my lips to his.

A/N ~ If you can't tell, I'm having spaghetti tonight.