4. Hotel Sheets

Original Twitter Post: 06/02/2015

Maine was lying on her bed, relaxing. She was back, back at her daily routine, back at the unwavering attention of fans, and back at the country she was born and raised in. She was back in her reality.

It was only three weeks ago when she and RJ went to Italy for their movie shoot. A lot of things happened. She had never been so happy in her life. Everything was falling in to place. Her career, her business, her dreams and even her lovelife.

Maine played with the ring on her finger. She wore it on her middle finger because ofcourse, wearing it on her ring finger would be really conspicuous, even though wearing a ring at all on any of her fingers can cause suspicion. She smiled as she rolled the ring.

She reminisced the night they were together on the lawn of the villa.

"And tomorrow we'll turn into pumpkins." She said as she held RJ's hand that night.

RJ remembered the movie they watched together and quickly responded "I won't let that happen." Then he pulled out a Tiffany Box from under his jacket then opened it in front of her as they were looking at the stars. "Stars lose their glimmer, but diamonds are forever."

Maine squirmed on her bed. She felt perfect. She was extremely happy. Suddenly, the person beside her felt her movement which jolted him awake.

"Di ka pa inaantok?" He held her hand.

"Di pa. Naaalala ko lang yung sa Italy." She snuggled closer to him. He saw the way she looked at the ring.

"Paparesize natin. Surprise kasi. Di ko nakuha yung size ng finger mo." He said.

"I still love it. Pero, I love you. Kahit wala pa tong singsing, the important thing is I love you."

"I love you." He kissed her. This wasn't the first kiss they shared for the day. Their kiss was turning into a hot a heavy make out session but they both stopped.

"Soon." They simultaneously said.

Maine grabbed RJ's phone and opened Spotify. Played some music. She remembered Matt Nathanson's song which suited them perfectly at that moment. She grabbed her phone then positioned to take a snap. RJ looked at her.

"Walang kita. Music lang." Maine giggled.

"Eh yung music na pinili mo, lyrics tangled in the hotel sheets." RJ smirked.

"Bakit? Nangyari naman sa Italy ah. At tsaka di ba tayo tangled in my sheets ngayon? Still feel your kiss and brown skin?"

They both laughed as Maine pressed add to Snapchat Story.