Lost

Dear readers, Happy Halloween!

Maine woke up to the blaring of her alarm clock. Her black wavy hair covered her face as she tried to get up from the fortress she called bed. She picked up her phone and was surprised that there was no message from her sweet and ever loving boyfriend, RJ. She thought it was odd because it was him who usually texted her first. She was about to compose a message when someone knocked on her door.

"Maine. Kain na. Malelate ka na. Wag mo kalimutan yung pink bag." It was her yaya Pepe. She didn't understand what she meant but she just shrugged it off and proceeded to the bathroom, completely forgetting that she had to text RJ.

After getting herself ready, she made her way down and what she saw surprised her. It was Direk Pat, sitting at thier dining table, having a cup of coffee, talking to her dad.

"Ate Pachie, anong ginagawa mo dito?" RJ was supposed to be the one who'll be picking her up today and not Pat.

"Sunduin ka. Tara na. Sabi ng nanay mo baunin mo na lang. Nakaprepare na yung food mo. Eto na oh." Direk Pat said then she lifted a bag filled with Maine's breakfast and other things. "Dali! Mag peprep pa ko." 

Maine said her goodbyes to everyone before hopping into the Eat Bulaga van. In her mind, she still couldn't understand what was happening. She was thinking that this maybe another one of RJ's surprises for her so she decided to play along.

"Ay Maine oh. Pinagawa ko na kagabi yung natastas. Ayos na yan." Direk Pat handed her the apron she used to wear. Now, she was even more confused.

"Isusuot ko ulit to? Bakit?" Direk Pat looked at her like she was being some kind of a diva.

"Sabi ni Ma'am Jenny at habang wala naman siyang sinasabi kakaiba eh isusuot mo yan." Pat said then returned to reading her text messages.

The day was getting weirder so she decided to just sit back and see how it plays out. She thought that if this was her boyfriend's surprise, she'll literally tear him to bits and pieces when this is over. She ate her breakfast in silence and waited for their segment.

When their segment started Maine was really so surprised when her three co-hosts started doing the Problem Solving segment, a segment that was long gone. When the camera was not focused on them, she decided it was time to ask.

"Kuya Wally, ano meron?" She whispered.

"Ay Maine wala naman. Yung dati pa rin. Kailanagn masungit ka pa rin." Wally replied but their conversation was cut short when Direk Pat signaled that it was their turn to appear on screen.

Amidst all confusion, Maine maintained her Yaya Dub act. She was back to dubbing. Then suddenly, she heard people cheering from the studio. That meant that people may have seen someone enter the stage. She was hoping that it was RJ but it wasn't, instead, sitting in his spot was Jake. 

"No wait no. Stop." Maine shouted. Everyone was shocked and everyone was staring at her. "Anong nangyayari?" 

"Maine, nasa TV ka anong ginagawa mo?" Wally whispered. He was trying to stop her from her outburst. "Nanonood mga tao. Live tayo."

"Bakit si Jake ang nakaupo? Nasaan si Alden?" Alden is her boyfriend RJ's screen name. "Nasaan si Alden?"

"Maine. Sino si Alden?" Wally was still keeping his voice down. The camera panned back to the studio, announcing that they were having technical issues and they'll be back after commercial.