One

"Rosie I'm going to miss you!" My roommate Tayler says.

"I'll miss you too. You can have Grayson over if you want." I say and smile.

She nods and gives me one last hug before I leave off to LA to visit my mom at her job. I'm planning on surprising her, she's a cashier at a gas station.

After my plane arrived I checked into my hotel and left my things in my room.

My hotel was less than half a mile away from her work, so I just decided to work.

When I arrive I open the door and put my hood over my head, I hadn't seen my mom yet, I wanted to pretend to be a customer.

I saw my mom come out of a room so I grabbed a candy bar and kept my head down, my hoodie covering it as she rung it up.

"Have a nice day!" She says sweetly.

"You too." I say and uncover my face.

She smiles brightly. "Aw honey! I missed you!" She hugs me from behind the counter.

The bell from the door rings, out of instinct we both stop and look.

Two men wearing black walk in, both with ski masks on.

"Mom?" I whisper.

She looks at me and pulls my hand. I dive behind the desk.

The guys walk up to us.
"Give me the money." He says as the other one pulls out a gun.

I look at my mom worriedly.
"Our cash registers broken I swear! But this is where all the customers from today's money is!" She says scarcely and nicely as she pulls a box from under the counter.

"Well where's the other money?" The other guy says, polishing his gun with his black jacket.

"I really don't know. I promise please don't hurt me or my daughter." She holds me.

"Give me the money." He demands.

"Sir, I don't have it!" She yells a little bit.

He points the gun at her.
"Stop!" I yell as he pulls the trigger.

"MOM!" I yell and cry.

Two police barge into the door.
I was bawling.

"Ma'am are you alright?" The other officer says, they already got the men out."

"YES I'M FINE HELP MY MOM! PLEASE!" I yell.

He picks her up and carries her outside.

A boy that looked in his early twenty's came running out of the room my mother came out of earlier.

"What's going on?!" He sounds concerned.

"There was a robbery and they shot my mother!" I cry, panicking and studdering.

"They killed Lucy?" He says holding onto my arms.

"I DON'T KNOW YET!" I yell.

"No no no! Its okay! Do you need a ride to the hospital?" He asks frantically.

"Yes!" I say and pull on his arm out the door.
He walks me to his car and drives me to the hospital.

"Who are you anyways?" I say on the way there, cleaning my make up a little bit with napkins he had in his car.

"I'm Justin or JC. I work there at the moment for a little extra money. Lucy hired me."

"Oh." I frown.

"She's a strong women, she'll be okay."

"I hope so." I began crying again. There was really no point in trying to fix my make up.

We run into the hospital and tell them who we're there for and why and they let us straight upstairs even though they didn't know of the patient yet.

"Hey! Hey! Hey!" A doctor says and puts his arms in front of me and JC stopping us from running.

I look at him. He blocks the way.
"Please move!" I beg.

"Who are you here for? You look lost." He says.

"Lucy turner!"

"Ma'am we have some news, some bad news." He frowns.

"What?" I ask and look at JC.

"We have no Lucy turner." He says solemnly with his head down.

"WHAT? WHY?" I ask.

"I'm sorry, but she no longer exists on this earth."

"YOUR TELLING ME SHES GONE?" I Ask.

He nods. "I'm sorry for your loss."

I fell down onto my knees crying.
JC scooted me from the middle of the hallway to against the wall.
He crouched down with me and hugged me.

"Er... I'm sorry." He says.

"I'm Rosie and its not your fault.. Its mine." I frown and sob.

"This is not at all your fault." He pulls away from the hug but keeps his arm around me.

"I could have taken the bullet."

"Your mom wouldn't have been okay with that. God has a plan Rosie."

I nod and keep my head on his chest.
"Thank you." I say and sniffle.

I didn't get to say goodbye.