Three

I woke up at two am with a call from the police. They had information on the attempted robbery yesterday.

"Ma'am we need you to stay calm!" They say trying to calm me through the phone.

"You can't close the store down!" I say almost crying. That store has so many memories of mine. When my mother and father split up, I chose to live with my dad since my brother, Kian did and I didn't want to leave him.
Although I knew I'd miss my mother like crazy.

Awhile later, my mom moved up here and I stayed with my father until he overdosed on drugs.
He seemed depressed ever since my mom broke up with him, but they fought too much to stay together.

Me and my brother were only fourteen at the time and had no where else to go but my mother (which was not a bad thing at all.)
We packed our things and my mom met us at the end of the airport.

She was upset, she hugged us and paid all the attention she could to us but we could tell how broken she was.

She ended up going to therapy when we were sixteen, because she was scared she'd make a dumb decision and leave us.

She eventually got over it and fell in love with my step dad, Mike and they were together.

I missed my dad so much but I could tell mike made her happy and that's really all that mattered.

I haven't seem him in awhile, I saw him last week when the accident happened. He was ruined.

"Hello, ma'am are you there?" The cops say.

"Oh yes I'm I'm here. I guess if we must, that's what we'll do." I frown.

"I'm sorry ma'am but no matter what, that building just isn't safe."

"Okay. Bye." I say.

I hang up the phone.
The store kept getting robbed. It got robbed again last night.
It was unsafe.

JC looks at me.  He stayed the night but he slept in the bed next to mine in my hotel room.

He already understood what was happening.

I remembered everything I did when I was younger, that store meant everything to my mother and I wasn't even fighting for it.

"Come here." JC says softly and opens his arms.

Tears started coming and I stood up and hugged JC as he moved me around with him.

"You're okay." He whispers.