Chapter 1: Alpha

Tifa was watching a puzzle game played by the kids- Marlene and Denzel. The little girl laughed happily as she defeated Denzel so easily. "Ha! That was meant for me!" Marlene said.

Denzel sighed but laughed, too. "Next round , I'll make sure I'll bring back the bacon," he said.

I'm glad they're enjoying it, Tifa thought. She made sure the kids won't get bothered by what's happening outside. However, she couldn't help herself but slowly tiptoe towards the door.

"W-where are you going Tifa?" Denzel asked suddenly. Tifa quickly turned around. They were staring at her in confusion. I shouldn't tell them... that's what Cloud told me. But if I go out, they will follow me out the door, won't they?

"Um," she slightly crossed her fingers behind her. "I'll just go out for some fresh air."

"Can we come? It's kinda dark in here," Marlene pleaded.

"But don't you enjoy the puzzle game?"

"Well, we do," Denzel stood up. Tifa probably regretted what she was doing. "but we wanna come with you Tifa."

"Alright kids, Tifa needs a little air," Yuffie suddenly came out from the kitchen. "I'm done cooking dinner anyway. Yuffie can play with you!" She happily set her hand on the kids' shoulders.

Tifa sighed in relief, whispering a 'thank you' to Yuffie.

Without a moment's pause, she then opened the door, following the warm light coming from a narrow alley. She cleared her throat, pulling her gloves tight as she peeked.

Tifa softly gasped, seeing Cloud standing with his back facing her. He was talking to no ordinary human being. After all, she studied the goddess from head to toe. I've never seen a goddess like that... she thought in awe.

"I humbly ask you for the second time, young man," the goddess spoke in a calm, gentle voice. "I, Etro, would like to give you a special gift. Do you accept or decline?"

"I decline," Cloud answered, also for the second time.

"What are they talking about?" Tifa whispered to herself, seemingly curious of what was the special gift Etro would like to give him.

"You're hesitating. I can see it in your eyes," Etro told him sadly.

"What will I even do with her? She might be a burden. You came from the world of Eos, so why would I accept a goddess' offering?"

Wait, a girl? Tifa thought.

"She is the only hope for Lucis' kingdom, Cloud. If you will protect her and let her stay here temporarily in Gaia, I will bless every living in this world."

"You don't know who protects our world, so you shouldn't mess with us. We don't need you."

"I know it all. He protects Gaia, and he is one of the Astrals, too."

Cloud swallowed, the goddess even knew him- and everything.

"Cloud, I then ask you for the third time- "

"We accept!" Tifa suddenly barged into the conversation. She showed up herself, walking towards them. Cloud's eyes widened, turning around and realized it was Tifa. He stared at her. He wanted to glare at her, he wanted to scold her. But unfortunately he couldn't.

Etro set her eyes on the dark haired girl. "Lady, may I know your name?"

Tifa felt her heart beating fast, but she didn't mind and set her feelings aside. "I am Tifa Lockhart. I humbly accept the girl- only if our world will obtain nirvana."