Chapter 22: In the Empire

Noctis hated the dark.

    It would have gotten easier if the room had at least an amount of light. He figured warping was difficult. After the spotlight turned off, he couldn't see anything. He had to sharpen his sight for that, or else Ravus would go advance on him. After all, he never wanted to fight him hand in hand. Defeating Ravus was apparently hard.

    He then remembered the last time they met outside the walls of Insomnia. They dueled, only leaving Noctis to get killed if Ignis, Prompto and Gladiolus were not there for him.

    Now he was facing him again. And this time, he was in Ravus' territory. The guy had probably spent months preparing for this battle. He clearly sided with Ardyn for all of this.

    Ravus held out a laugh. "You can't hide anywhere. I can see everything!"

    Noctis muttered a curse under his breath. It was his first time fighting in the darkness. No matter how he tried to focus, he would only end up getting lost. The darkness gave him much reluctance; it gave him hesitation whether he would step forward or not. Ravus could be anywhere.

    "Filling the room with complete darkness? This is ridiculous," Noctis said angrily. Crystals formed around him.

    "You're on the grounds of Niflheim. So you shouldn't be complaining," Ravus replied in the dark. "Moreover, you should be thanking me."

    Noctis gritted his teeth. "Thank you? Is that even considerable?!"

    "I didn't have to order them to kill you this instant. It will actually be a waste to dispatch you already. Also, fighting me is supposed to be an honor, Noctis. You should thank me for sparing your life to fight me in this battle."

    "Say whatever you want. I'm not gonna let you hurt her!" Noctis closed his eyes. I'll surrender. Hope this works.

    Ravus huffed. "Right. My sister Luna gave you nothing actually. I knew you never liked her, despite that you two are supposed to be married. I figured it too, you know."

    Noctis widened his eyes.

    "Don't get me wrong. I know you have a feeling for that punk."

    The lights went on. However, the room was still as dim as before. Ravus was still there, where he was when Noctis came. But he wasn't alone. Hundreds of magiteks surrounded the two of them. "But," Ravus sighed. "About that, I think you should forget her. She'd better be dead right now."

    "She's not dead." Noctis spat.

    "Whatever you say, she'll just end up being dead. You could've chosen to marry my sister instead, you know. But look what you've done then! Choosing to love that inhuman so-called Healer— how indecisive!"

    "Shut your filthy tongue, Ravus. I should've known. You've been working for the empire even if it meant betraying your kingdom!"

    "Silly boy. That's not what you call deceiving," Ravus rolled his eyes in disgust. "Being the rebellious prince you are, you never knew what allegiance means!"

    "I've had enough of you. I have no choice but to bring you to your death," Noctis lowered his voice, and then warped towards Ravus. Without hesitation, Ravus did the same.

|Your Point of View|

Dealing with a womanly face is somehow unnerving.

    My senses started to come back slowly. The air somehow became thicker, giving me less comfort. I soon realized. . . A man's voice spoke just a few feet above me, and I could hear that he had been conversing with someone.