Chapter 13: Revelation

"I am, the voice you're with for a long time."

Noctis Lucis Caelum, the Crown Prince.

He, all this time, was the voice. How could that possibly happen? ... Now all you could hear were the echoes of shouts and cheers of the crowd. A feeling of nervousness reached down your spine. You were speechless as the he stared at you, not even planning to avert.

And all of a sudden, the person that would always be in your heart flashed in your mind, glancing towards him as blue eyes stared back at you, memories of him coming back to you. Cloud's coldness seemed to be disappointing, but suddenly faded this time you see him again in person.

*

"Get them cured, they'll be now servants of the King," Nyx said. All four of you stared at each other. Lightning sat across from you. Her arm was wrapped with bandages and her faces cured after a huge surprise of scratches and wounds from the game. Noel and Yeul sat beside each other at the other edge of the wall.

"So what will you do to us now huh?" You asked bluntly. "You're going to make us servants, or slaves I should say? Why are you bringing us to a crazy game that nearly causes our death?"

Nyx cleared his throat. "We take people, especially with abilities to test them. You are one of the Chosen Ones to play the Game of Insomnia. Not all people who desired to get in will get in. If you have these abilities and dignity to fight, then we will take you and test you during the game, alongside with daemons coming from Niflheim—"

"What?! But Niflheim," you stood up and clenched your fists. "Daemons, really?! I thought Niflheim is Lucis' number one enemy? But now, what on earth is going on?!"

"Lucis and Niflheim has signed a peace agreement, with that the Prince of Lucis will get married to Lady Lunafreya of Tenebrae, whose under Niflheim's control because her brother Ravus is serving the Imperial Army. But as I was saying, Niflheim could send daemons only for the game. It is an agreement."

You stopped for a while, and then heaved, slowly going back to your seat.

"When will we be officially servants of Lucis?" Noel asked.

"Soon." Was all Nyx answered, suddenly disturbed of the knock on the door. Quickly opening it, surprise welcomed you.

"Shall we talk?" Cloud asked to Nyx while glancing towards you. You felt stiff and slightly froze. His eyes were filled with loneliness. Yet you didn't know what to say. "Just a moment, at least."

It took a few moments before Nyx agreed. Finally, you followed Cloud out of the room. Nervousness was inside you. You hadn't seen him for a long time. Your heart beat faster as you followed after him through the dim, empty hall. Cloud stopped, slowly turning his head over his shoulder. It was a mere silence, as dim lights lined up either side of the walls.

"It's been a long time now, (Y/N)." He whispered. You didn't want to respond. It felt like something was keeping you from speaking.

"You're not gonna talk?" He asked with sudden seriousness while turning around. There infront of you was the face you usually see: a blank expression with empty blue eyes staring back at you for long. Slowly, you scanned him from head to toe. He is still the same, you thought.

It felt as though you wanted to cry. You forced those tears not to come out as you gritted your teeth.

"(Y/N)," he suddenly grabbed your shoulders, his face a few inches from you. "Don't suppress yourself, please." He sniffed, pulling you towards him. You felt his heartbeat when your chin touched his shoulder. It was surprisingly beating faster and faster. "You're safe now, okay? I'm here now."

"Cloud..." you blurted out, sobbing all of a sudden. "I... I didn't.... I just don't know what to say to you... I miss you guys..." Tears constantly rolled down your cheeks. "But I'm so... so sorry!!"

"Why do you have to be sorry?" He asked in confusion, hugging you tighter. "I should be the one who's sorry! I'm really sorry for treating you like a little foe... sorry... for hiding your true identity from Noctis. But now I revealed it— so it's okay now."

You quickly pulled away, which made him a bit surprised. "H-how could I be fine? Because of me, conflicts are rising. I would've said I'm just a burden to everyone, you know?"

"The Draconian mentioned me as the Healer during the game. I already know everything, Cloud," you told him. "I already know everything. I already know, that Noctis and I are childhood friends years ago. We both had the near-death experience. And then... a goddess brought me to you, the two of us being separated. Etro washed my memories away... and now I remember... everything."

Cloud stood there speechless.

"Now... that you know everything..." he whispered. "Are you still gonna stay with us, or leave us and settle within Insomnia?"