Sexy Sax Man

The planetarium was located at the far end of the science building, reachable only through a single flight of stairs that led below the main floor. Nobody ever used the facility in years, and in pity of the unused room, Lance had been the first to suggest starting up a club to get some use out of it. Of course, it was Shiro that actually got the club up and running with the help of Allura, and thus the planetarium club was born. What the club did was unknown even to its members. Sometimes they held presentations for the nearby schools, inviting whole classes of elementary students to the small facility. When they were not preparing for such presentations, one could walk in to see the members lying about either studying or just hanging out, and at the moment that was precisely what was going on. Or at least, something like that.

Pidge sat in a small corner of the planetarium, under a table, using their laptop screen as their only source of light to read through the assigned section they were very intent on finishing. Unfortunately, it was rather hard to get through even a sentence with the very loud saxophone playing resonating through the room. "You know, if you really want to practice, you should go to the music hall," Pidge scoffed, glaring up at the source of all the noise from their hiding spot. "Maybe use a practice room or something."

"Now, why would I do that?" Lance raised an eyebrow at the youngest member of the club. "I'm perfectly fine practicing here." He looked away for a moment to adjust the neck piece.

"You... are being a nuisance, that's why. Some of us are actually trying to study," Pidge picked up his engineering textbook as if to prove the point. "Your fifty renditions of Careless Whisper are becoming a distraction."

"You're just jealous, Pidge," Lance smirked. "Hunk doesn't seem to have a problem with my amazing musical talents."

The two turned their heads towards the subject of conversation, who did not seem to pay any attention to them at all. Instead, he continued to scroll through his phone, taking some notes on a small notebook that had been laying on his chest. Noticing both gazes on him, Hunk took an earbud out and stared back in confusion. "What? Did you guys call my name or something?"

"As I was saying," Pidge faced Lance once more, rather annoyed. "It is becoming a distraction to those who can actually hear you."

Allura sat up to join the conversation. Up until that point, she had been laying her head on Shiro's lap, reciting the definitions of French vocabulary from a stack of flashcards the club president was using to quiz her. "Playing a song in repeat like that can get rather annoying," Allura agreed with Pidge.

"Well if you wanted me to switch it up, why didn't you just say so?" Lance grinned, breaking out into a loop of epic sax guy.

Pidge let out a loud groan, covering their ears and curling up farther in the shadows below the table. "Look at what you've done! You've encouraged him!" They yelled at Allura.

The woman just shrugged. "I don't see a problem with it as long as it's not the same song over and over again."

"Don't you know ANY other songs, Lance?" Shiro furrowed his brows, eyeing the man with an unamused expression over his shoulder.

Lance stopped playing, "Like what? You got any ideas?"

"Oh! Play that Motown jam you showed us the other day," Coran suggested, earning another rather loud groan from Pidge as Lance more than enthusiastically began jamming to Ain't No Mountain High Enough.

"Why do you subject us to this torture?" Pidge slammed their face on the open textbook before them.

Allura laughed, "he's enjoying himself, I say we let him be."

"It's more productive than all the texting he's been doing for the past few days," Shiro agreed.

This caught Pidge's attention. "Texting? He hasn't been spamming the group chat much."

Shiro shook his head, "Looks like somehow he got a hold of my roommate's number."

"As long as he's not waking me up in the middle of the night with his dumb antics again, I'm good," Allura sighed, leaning her head back on top of Shiro's lap.

"Wait... your roommate, Keith?" Pidge asked, eyes glinting with some unknown emotion. Not even a second after Shiro nodded, Pidge snapped at Lance. "You've been texting Keith Kogane and NOT informed us!?"

Lance suddenly stopped his saxophone playing, staring at the small honors student with fearful eyes.

"Wait wait... THE Keith Kogane that Lance would not shut up about since the start of term?" Hunk spoke up, tearing the earbuds from his ears out of sudden interest.

"That's the one," Shiro nodded, an all-knowing smile plastered on his face.

Lance stared at the club president with a mixed look of shock and betrayal. "You never told me his name was Keith KOGANE."

"I thought you already knew his name," Shiro raised an eyebrow.

"I didn't know his first name! What am I supposed to do now!?" Lance moved his saxophone to the side, using his free hand to pull at his hair. "Does he know who I am? I mean- Does he know that I am me?"

"What kind of question is that?" Coran scratched his head.

"I do not think he knows exactly who you are," Shiro explained to the panicking man. "If he did, I seriously doubt he would be talking to you so willingly."

Lance visibly relaxed, taking the neckstrap off before setting the instrument on one of the benches. "He can't find out. Not in a million years. That bastard will stop talking to me the moment he finds out."

"You could use this for your advantage, you know?" Pidge proposed.

"No!" Lance stated fiercely enough that Pidge jumped slightly, hitting their head with the top of the table. "He hate my guts. It won't go anywhere even if he knew."

"Whatever," Pidge rubbed the top of their head, closing their laptop and gathering their study supplies back into the backpack they had brought. "Suit yourself, Mister Saxy."

Lance sighed, ignoring Pidge as they climbed back up the planetarium stairwell. Taking his phone from his back pocket, he noticed the small notification light was blinking. Lance unlocked his phone, face relaxing into a soft smile when he read the messages.

From: Keithy-boy
You know

From: Keithy-boy
Its weird to think that even tho the sky is so blue that there's still stars hiding in there

To: Keithy-boy
There is a star

To: Keithy-boy
It's the big yellow one

From: Keithy-boy
Well the sun is always there

From: Keithy-boy
Sometimes I forget that it's a star as well

To: Keithy-boy
R my philosophies inspiring u?

From: Keithy-boy
Shut up

Yeah, Lance sighed. Keith could not find out, or this would be ruined, and that was the last thing that Lance wanted. Not when he was this close.