Media

Jake finds Rory lying on the bed gazing distractedly at the ceiling. He asks him how his day has been and he simply mumbles in reply. Instead of leaving the room instantly, Jake stands there awkwardly unsure of what else to say.

Only his family and his parents knew about the rape allegation but somehow the rest of the family has found out. The endless questions and phone calls began trickling in and Jake's mother indiscreetly fed the family small morsels of information regarding Rory.

Jake made a point of telling his mother off for running her mouth but she simply shrugged,

"They're not being mean about it. They just want to know how he could've been raped," his mother answered a little too loudly which made Jake wince,

"Anyway-," his mother dropped her vocie and inched closer, "some of the family think he's made it up; along with his depression and I am trying to convince them otherwise." 

Rolling his eyes in frustration, Jake let his mother know that she needs to keep her voice down and be more sensitive. Now he's standing in the room wondering whether he should give words of wisdom. What comforting words can come from his mouth that will dispell the growing doom and distress Rory must be in? How do you say everything is going to be okay when your own family don't believe you and think you're an attention seeker?