Hold me? Pt. 3

Lauren POV

Code blue?! That's never good. Some doctors rushed over with a cart and one of them rushed her and the cart into a near by room. I panicked for a moment before quickly going to the waiting room. "Where's mija?" Sofi asked me.

"She got really scared and it made her breathe too fast, so she wasn't getting all of the air she needed and she passed out." I told her, trying to stay calm. "She will be okay?" I didn't want to tell her yes, because if something does go wrong... Yea that. "I think so." I told Sofi, who nodded and cuddled back into her mom. I didn't have the heart to say what had happened.

*time skip 2 hours*

The same nurse who was with me in the hallway with Camila rushed into the waiting room and scanned around before she laid eyes on the three of us. "She's okay but whoever Lauren is, she's asking for you and Nala." She said quickly.

I looked at her mom, who had fallen asleep with Sofi sleeping in her lap and nodded, picking up the stuffed Nala that was sat next to me. The nurse led me to the room Camila was in. When I walked in, Camila was sobbing into her knees and trembling, the nurse at her bedside trying to calm her and failing.

I motioned for the nurse to move away and she did. Moving the railing of the bed out of the way, I sat down next to Camila, pulling the small girl into my arms. "Shhhh.. Here Camz, here's Nala." She sniffled and wrapped her arms around the stuffed animal and continued to cry. "What happened?" I asked the nurse.

"Well, usually when someone panics, their heart rate goes up, but what happened shocked her so badly that she either held her breath or her heart stopped. There's no damage surprisingly. She's lucky." She said with a small smile. I nodded and held Camila closer to me.. I could have lost her.

"W..what about Aunt C..Carrie?" Camila stuttered out. "Would you like me to go and get an update?" The nurse asked. Camila nodded and the nurse left the room. Returning about 10 minutes later, the smile she'd been wearing gone. Oh god.. This was going to crush Camila.

"I've already informed Mrs.Cabello, Camila." The nurse started. I felt Camila's heart rate shoot up and her breathing become irregular. "I am sorry for your loss, they did everything that they could, there was nothing they could have done." She continued before saying she would give us two some time and left the room.

Camila choked back a sob as she wrapped her arms around my neck and started to cry. "Let it out... It's okay." I cooed her her, holding her securely in my arms. I have no clue how long she stayed in my arms crying like that, but it was long enough for her to fall asleep.

I repositioned her on my lap and ran a hand through her hair and planted a gentle kiss on her forehead, which she responded to by loosely holding onto my hoodie, her mom walking in with Sofi asleep in her arms soon after. She looked like she'd been crying, but she just sniffled and sat down on the bed next to me.

"I know you just said that so that you wouldn't scare Sofi, Lauren. The nurse told me what happened. I'm not one for lying, but it's sweet that you were considerate and didn't want to freak Sofi out." She said. I nodded, "I don't like to lie. I just didn't want to scare her." I replied softly, not wanting to wake Camila up.

"I understand Hun. I trust your intentions, you're a sweet girl and you're good for Camila. I know she's about to go through hell dealing with this, I trust that you won't leave her. The last time she lost someone she was close to.. it tore her to pieces." Her mom said sadly. I gave her a sympathetic smile.

"I'll do anything I can for her." Her mom gave me a smile which I returned. "Take her back to your place please, or take her home even. I don't want her to wake up in a hospital. It would really freak her out." I nodded. "Okay, I will." She smiled, "Thank you Lauren." "It's nothing at all. Did you discharge her?" She nodded.