Chapter I - The Lonely Wolf

^^ Ash Stymest as Brooklyn

A/N: I seriously was having a hard time finding the right model, and it seems that (for now) Ash was the best fit for Brooklyn's character (though in this story, Brooklyn would be covered up with tats up to his neck). I was thinking Stephen James, but he's too gruffy for Brooklyn. If you have any better suggestions, feel free to comment! :)

Brooklyn:

Blood was trickling down my right hand, the wound near my shoulder hurt so much I can't even feel it anymore. My whole body is numb as fuck, my eyes barely open. My will to end it all was what kept me running. I saw a dark alley and decided to hide for a bit there and take a little breather. I slowly crouched in the dark, hissing at the pain caused by the wounds and bruises in my body. I raised my head and rested it on the wall behind me. I held my hand up my right shoulder and apply a small pressure on it to at least stop the bleeding while I closed my eyes and tried to think of all the good things I wanted in life – a small house by the beach in a tropical island, swimming in the crystal clear water by day and cooking my freshly caught fish in a bonfire while looking at the starry sky at night. I also would like to teach a small class of adorable kids how to draw and paint. There is something about art that calms me, and whenever I had free time I always drew in my sketch book. It was a way of distracting myself from the hellish life I lived. Whoever says it's a sissy hobby I'll fucking tear them off limb from limb. I smiled at the image of little children running around and throwing paint at each other and having fun.

I opened my eyes and frowned when I was taken back to reality. Fuck. I was having such a good dream already. God, please let me live a little longer so I could realize my simple dream. I'm not asking for much, am I?

This was my last mission. I definitely have to pull this off. I stood up and grabbed my gun from the pocket inside my suit, and tried to look for the nearest escape route. I'm finally going to have a normal life after this.

Zelios:

I raised my clenched fists in front of my face, just enough to block any sudden attack that my opponent might give me. Not that he could take me down in his current state. I crouched a little and stepped forward with my left foot to get inside my opponent's defense. His whole body was staggering and his feet wobbling from the earlier punches that I gave him. He sneered at me in anger; blood was dribbling from his busted lip and some flowing from his nose. He was still trying to give me weak punches and kicks. It was so fucking pitiful that I decided to end it sooner than I would've liked. Damn. I thought he was going to give me a good fight. Guess all that talk earlier was nothing but a shit façade.

Cheers erupted from the audience as I ended the fight with a knockout. I sent him flying with a round house kick right through his jaw that instantly put him to sleep. I didn't wait for the referee to announce my win as I grabbed my jacket outside the chain cage.

What a waste of time. I didn't even break a fucking sweat. These underground fights were starting to bore me. I guess I need a new source of entertainment.

I headed for the lockers to fetch my things and change my clothes, and of course, there was my second mom, my beta Dominic, waiting for me. His hands were on his hips, and his face was not too amused. He raised his brow and started his litany of words to scold me. If there was one person out there who could actually give me an earful without me chewing off their ass -- that was Dominic. I'm a fucking Alpha, for Christ's sake. But Dominic, he was my best friend, my second in command of the pack, and I see him like a little brother. Though he's a beta, his frame is smaller than other high ranking wolves with his 5'7" height. He also didn't have a lot of muscles, but he makes up for it with speed and he definitely could kick some major ass.

"So you sneaked out again to go in this cheap ass fights, huh?" He began.

"It's only for a little bit. I needed to let out some steam." I scowled at him. I washed my face and hissed at the feeling of cold water splashing on my skin.

"Jesus Christ! What if something happened to you when we are not around?! I know you're strong as hell, but what if an army of rouges and hunters decided to attack you?" God, he seriously sounds like an over-protective mother hen.

"Oh come on. I can handle myself. And besides, no one could tell that I'm a werewolf in this place. I covered my scent. I didn't even use my wolf strength in the fight earlier. Now come on, let's go back to the pack house. I'm sure Uncle Caleb is waiting for you." I answered. He gave a heavy sigh of defeat and followed me out the door.

Dominic:

I know why he's doing this. Why he keeps sneaking out at night when everyone is asleep to go to those illegal underground fights. Well I'm not worried about him getting beaten up by his opponents, hell I'm even more worried about Zelios accidentally killing them in the heat of the fight. He's a strong bastard -- no one in our pack could ever beat him; well, maybe except for his old man. That guy is a fucking beast, and even though he's retired from the Alpha position, he can still kick major ass. He gave the position to his son, Zelios when he turned eighteen. Not only is he strong, he is also kind-hearted and everybody in the Silver Moon pack respects him. He seems like a perfect guy, but I know deep inside he's hurting. We're already 25, but Zelios haven't found his mate yet. I found mine, Caleb, when we were 18 years old. He was the former Alpha's brother and Zelios was really happy for me and told me he couldn't wait till he found his. Eventually, the pups from our generation met their mates one by one, but unfortunately, in these seven years, Zelios and his wolf haven't found theirs. So he keeps going into these fights, to beat the shit out of every opponent and momentarily forget the feeling of emptiness. I only found out about him sneaking out when I caught him and followed him to this sleazy pub.

Since I couldn't really stop him, I just follow him whenever he goes to let out some steam, and make sure he's okay. I've watched some of his fights and damn do I feel sorry for the guys he beat up. I'm sure some of them went into coma – and he didn't even use his wolf strength, mind you.

We drove in a comfortable silence. Zelios was in a daze as he looked out of the window feeling the fresh breeze of midnight air as it washed over his face. He shifted in his seat and leaned his head back.

"Do I even have a mate?" He spoke out of the blue. I was startled, and my heart fell from the sound of sadness that came with his question.

"I'm sure you have one, bud. Everybody has. You'll find that person eventually, just don't give up." I looked at him from the corner of my eye, and saw his eyes glistening from the tears that he's trying to hold back. I tried my best to comfort him.

He just gave me a sad smile and said, "I hope so. Thanks Dom."

We arrived in the pack house and were greeted by my grumpy mate Caleb on the doorway. Caleb is Zelios's uncle, the younger brother of the former alpha Benjamin. He has alpha blood, so there's no wonder why he looks like a freaking mountain at his 6'3'' height, the same as Zelios. His long black hair was lightly tousled over his shoulder, and his muscles were practically bulging as he had his hands crossed in front of his chest.

He leaned on the doorway, and looked at Zelios's gloomy figure before gazing at me. He raised his brow, probably waiting for an explanation as to why I left our bed at night without telling him. I gazed up at him with pleading eyes, and he seemed to have understood. He too knew of Zelios's mate-crisis. Zelios nodded to greet his uncle, thanked me for picking him up, and then silently headed to his bedroom upstairs. I exchanged worried glances with Caleb. Most of the mate-less wolves turns into rouges because of depression. If Zelios's wolf goes insane because of not being with their mate, the whole pack will suffer.

Goddess, please let my best friend meet his mate soon.