Chapter II - Now I'm Here

Brooklyn:

Fucking finally! I'm finally free from that hell. After completing my mission last night, I went to a private doctor who was also a long-time friend of mine to get my wounds treated and get a tracker surgically removed from my nape. The last organization I worked for was paranoid as fuck that they had all their men get trackers planted right under their skins to ensure nobody tries to betray them. Before getting it removed, I first got it hacked to alter the data that it's sending to the organization's computer. That is, I changed the coordinates of my whereabouts so they wouldn't be able to find me. It's bad if they tracked this place. It took at least an hour to completely take off the damn device from the skin under my nape.

After resting for a bit, I gave three gold coins to my friend and waved him goodbye. Hopefully, this would be the last time we would see each other. I went back to the rat hole I called home to get few of my things before leaving the damn place. I cut my hair and dyed it from blonde to black. I got rid of all my guns except for my baby, my .45 caliber pistol gun. I could never put her away so I safely placed it in a lead packet to avoid getting detected in the airport. I packed my fake passport and documents, some cash and gave one last look at the place. After years and years of hell, I'm finally moving forward to live a normal life.

I purchased a cozy three-bedroom house somewhere far away from here, under my new identity, Matthew Smith. It has a porch and an attic, perfect for my tastes and guess what? It's also near a beach! Damn am I good at this 'living the dream' thing. I boarded the plane and got ready for the 16-hour flight. I closed my eyes and leaned back on my chair, looking outside the small window pane as I felt a genuine smile tug on my lips for the first time in years.

---

I finally arrived at the place, already having good vibes just by looking at it. It had dark blue roofing panels, white wooden fence surrounding the outside perimeter, and the porch had built-in section where you could fit a small bed. It wasn't much on the outside, but a little cleanup and paint job on the place, and then we're talking business. The place was dusty as fuck, and I needed to haul major ass to get this place cleaned and ready for business. I called a cleaning agency to help me clean the place, and I also ordered online some painting materials like canvass and acrylic. It took me at least three days to get the whole place cleaned. I had the biggest room on the first floor as the place where I'll hold my painting classes. I drew murals on the walls, put little chairs and tables and I even bought rubber playing mats to kid-proof the place. Finally, after proclaiming the place nice and ready, I printed out flyers and ads for my teaching classes. No, I didn't really need money; I have saved enough money for me not needing to work for a long time. The fees I'll be collecting are mostly for the materials that would be used in class. I just really wanted to do something in my life worth remembering, and the smile on the children's faces as they have fun is enough for me.

Zelios:

Ø PACK MEETING IN THIRTY! I said through the pack link.

Ø YES ALPHA! They answered in unison.

It's early in the morning, and I did the usual routine – check the patrols in the land borders, come back and check the newly shifted pup's training led by my beta Dominic and his mate Uncle Caleb and then call for a meeting to check on the previous day's reports. It was a boring routine, but needed to ensure the pack's safety and survival.

Once we were inside the meeting room, we all sat in a large circle table and my beta and gamma were beside me. I then proceeded to start the meeting. The others included in the meeting were patrol officers, financial advisers, and of course, some of the elder wolves.