Chapter 3- Flight

JJ's pov

JJ secretly loved the BAU's trips to various places.
The excitement  of getting on the jet, with the sun shining off the polished wood tables, and the comforting smell of coffee brewing. She loved showing up first, picking her seat and waiting for the rest of the team to come.
However today was different. Emily asked for JJ to sit next to her. Typically, JJ was sandwiched with Spence and Derek, always across from Emily.
After JJ grabbed her go bag, she wandered out to the jet and waited for Emily and the team to join her. She had 20 minutes to burn, so she sat on the Jets stairs and reviewed the case.

"Hey, stranger. You're here early, as always".

JJ looked up, and smiled. It was Emily, leaning against the Jets stairs.

"Well, I like to pick my seat and review the case again, gotta make sure I'm on top," she grinned.

Emily feigned rolling her eyes , and smiled.

"Well, let's get in the Jet and review together you dork!" Emily teased, slinging her go bag on her shoulder and ushering JJ up.

JJ picked up her stuff, got up the stairs, and put her bag in the jet's luggage compartment. She then picked the last window seat on the jet, a two seater. Emily disposed of her bag and slid in next to her. After the two got settled, JJ began to grab the materials for the review.

"So.... what's your favorite color?" Emily asked, resting her head against the seat to look at JJ clearly.

The question startled her, as she was working on getting the Manila folders together. She stopped, and turned her body so she could face Emily. She thought for a second, what was her favorite color?

"If I had to pick, it would be blue. Ive always loved the color of the sky on a sunny day, and the color of the dusk sky, right before the stars came out. What is your favorite color Em?," she replied. After JJ said that, she paused, and thought for a minute.

"Wait- let me guess, your favorite color is Red, Em." JJ exclaimed. 

Emily blushed, and grinned.

"You're correct, you little profiler," She teasingly said.

JJ smiled, a glowing, happy feeling. She was a good profiler, but she was awful at guessing someone's favorite color. She could never figure out what it was.
________________________
The two women soon spent the  rest of 15 minutes, telling each other their favorite  movies, books, candies , etc until the team arrived on the plane. It was a lovely time for the two, for the job they had took up a lot of "get to know each other time".

When JJ heard the team walk up the metal jet steps, she stood up and quickly dispersed the files. She also set up the "Garcia on the go" laptop, so they could electronically conference with her included.
_____________________
Emily's pov
After the 30 minutes of  profile work with the team was up, JJ fell asleep.
She was curled into a ball, her had against the window, and her arms crossed over her chest.

On the other side of the jet , Spencer and Rossi were focusing on an intense chess game. Hotch was reading other cases, and Derek was listening to music.

Emily shifted in the white leather seat, so she could face the blonde girl again. She watched Jayje sleep, her eyes fluttering with every breathe, and her hair pushed around her head like a halo. She looked incredibly peaceful, and beautiful.

After watching JJ for a few minutes , she pulled out her red leather journal, and wrote about what she saw.

The journal wasn't a creepy stalker-like thing, it was just a book for emily to keep track of all the things she finds incredible. No one knows she writes about this stuff, it's for her, and her only. It helps her remember the beauty in the world for working on cases so dark. Sunsets, sunrises, and types of flowers (from Italy) were all logged into the journal. Yet, JJ was the first person she ever wrote about. Emily didn't know quite why she was so intrigued by the blonde, she didn't have a clue.

After she finished the entry, she snapped the journal shut, and tucked it in the crevice between the seats. She then got up, and walked over to the coffee table. She picked out two green mugs, and began to fix JJ a coffee ( a vanilla espresso ) , a surprise for her to wake up to.

After the machine let out a noise to notify that the coffee was brewed, she grabbed the two hot mugs and walked back to their seats. She set the mugs down in front of the pair, and lightly squeezed JJ's knee.

Do you see what I see in you, JJ?

______________________

Its slowly coming together, I promise if this was confusing, it will make sense soon. There's so many things yet to come and everything I hope to be able to fit in.
Enjoy.