Chapter 13 - Perch

JJ's pov

JJ pulled her car into the lot, and turned off the car when she got to her spot. Staring at the building in front of her, she picked apart details. The ice was still wrapped like a protective nest around the building, and dirty white snow still covered  the ground. The tress were being decorated for Christmas, lights hung around. It gave off a comforting glow, a home glow.

After all, it was her second home.

However, she hasn't been home in awhile, and it was an odd, hollow feeling to be back. She didn't know what to think, and for the first time in a long time, she was nervous to be there.

Do people miss me? Did they forget me ? A 6 week hiatus is a long time..

Truthfully, JJ has had nightmares of coming back. Ever since she had came out to he with Emily, she avoided contact with the team, for six weeks. She didn't know what they thought of her, and that scared her. She turned her phone off, refusing all the calls from Spence, Garcia, and so on. Emily handled that for her, and did everything in her power to slowly ease JJ back.

Today was the day, it was her and Emily's first day back.

Emily, besides a scar under her eye, had thankfully recovered, and was looking whole again.

JJ was happier, and felt more safe then she ever had. She still had bouts of anxiety, and nightmares, but naturally, Emily was there for her every night, holding her and soothing her.

She let out a breath, and snaked her hand through Emily's.

"Are you ready?" She asked softly, her thumb rubbing patterns on Emily's hand.

"You aren't going to hit me and knock me over when I get out of the car, right?" Emily said, attempting to lighten the mood for JJ.

JJ laughed, cherishing  the day she broke Emily's coffee mug. It seemed like a lifetime ago.

A lifetime ago, when all she could do was dream that Emily could be hers. A lifetime ago of wishing, dreaming, sorrow.

All washed away, because she had her Emily, here and now.

She turned her body, so she could face Emily.

JJ watched her face, burning it into her memory. Emily's loose black bouncing around her neck, covering her loose pink shirt. Her bright brown eyes, heavily painted by mascara. JJ watched her girl carefully, soaking in every detail, like how her smile always tilted up to the right first, or how she plays with her hands when bored or nervous.

JJ loved watching Emily, she always has.

Abruptly breaking her from her train of thought, Emily reached out, brushing hair away from JJ's eyes.

"Whatcha thinking there lovebird?

JJ smiled, gently pulling Emily's face closer to hers, their lips almost touching.

" I was thinking that we could stay here a little longer..."

And with that, she closed the gap between them.

As the two intertwined, they became oblivious to the world around them.

Snowflakes had begun to fall, ever so light and delicate.

They fell softly, onto JJ's windshield, like feathers.

"Hope" is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -
And sings the tune without the words -
And never stops - at all -

-Emily Dickinson

THE END.

________________

Ahh, the end.

Thank you all for reading and liking this story, it means a lot! Thank you!

I will post the song list soon.

Some notes-
Should I make a sequel? Please let me know.

I'll be writing more stories, don't worry.
I'm starting a new Jemily one now- should be up by tomorrow! I'll let y'all know when it is.

It'll be called "a touch of color".

Again, thank you all for the support. I know this story was short, and if you would like more, I may write a sequel.

Hope you enjoy!