The One Where Evie Calls Him

Evie's pov

I was in my bed room looking at my phone. I felt like I should call him and ask why. But then my Brain thinks no, Evie you left for a reason. Even after I left the coffee shop I knew Monica was right.

Who would stay with him. They just don't understand what love is. When you love someone it's hard to just pick up and leave no matter what they did.

I was torn. I didn't know what to do. I checked my clock and saw it was 3 am. I sighed and went into the kitchen to find something to eat. I was being as quiet as possible when the light flickered on. I froze and turned around.

"Chandler" I said relieved. "You almost gave me a heart attack." I whispered.

"I have that affect on people." He smirked. I rolled my eyes and kept looking through the cabinets.

"Your not gonna find food, Joey raided them a couple nights ago." He said staring at me.

"Ok then what are you doing here?" I questioned crossing my arms.

"I'm watching them sleep duh." He said as it was the most obvious thing in the world. I laughed and covered my mouth.

"Well um I guess I'll just wait and make Monica make me something." I said smiling at him.

"Or you could come with me and get Chinese." He said with a small smile.

"Would it still be open?" I asked.

"Of course I go at 3:30 am all the time." He said joking. We left and went on walking to the place.

"Haha. You haven't changed at all. Still sarcastic as always." I say walking on the side walk next to him.

"And you still coming to me for relationship help." He smirked.

"Technically I came to Monica. And I have never once came to you for relationship advice." I say chuckling.

We arrived at the store and bought a number of items and ate half on the way back. Once we got back to the apartment it was 5 am and Monica was up getting ready for work.

"There you are! I thought you left." She yelled. I jumped at the sound of her voice and she looked over at Chandler and smiled.

"Oh I see what's going on here." She smirked.

"Whoa whoa whoa hold on missy obviously we went and got food so no touching of any kind was down and you need to chill out." I pointed at her. Chandler didn't say anything but blushed.

Whoa wait. Was it possible for Chandler to blush. That's not something you see everyday. I set down the food and Ross and Joey entered.

"What are you doing here it's 5 am?" Ross said to Chandler.

"Oh you know Gavin a sleepover with Chinese food." He said in a duh voice. I laughed.

"I could ask you the same thing." I said looking over at the two sleepy men.

"Joeys birds won't stop making noise" Ross complained. I nodded as if I understood.

"Hey it's not there fault your sleeping in there room." Joey said accusingly. I yawned.

"Sleepy?" Chandler asked. I nodded.

"Go back to sleep. Come on I'll tuck you in like a baby." He said in a baby voice.

I glared at him playfully and got up and took my jacket off in the processing leaving it on the floor. Monica picked it up as she walked by.

I looked over my shoulder to see the three of them muttering about something and glancing over at us. I didn't think anything of it and just plopped down on my bed. Chandler covered me with a blanket and started to walk out.

I grabbed his arm.

"Stay?" I whispered but he still heard me.

"Okay." He took his jacket off and shoes and latex down next to me. I smiled sleeping peacefully for the first time this month.

Hours went by and I woke up with someone shaking me. I gasped and sat up. Chandler next to me rubbing my back.

"Evie, you had a nightmare are you okay? Want to talk about it?" He asked kindly. It wasn't like Chandler to be this way.

"N-no, I need to call Tom." I said getting up. He looked confused.

"Tom? As in cheating dick Tom?" He asked. I nodded.

"Move Chandler. I have some words I need to say to that man." I say, suddenly his mood changed.

"Oh yea sure go call." He said letting me by. I breathed and Went to the living room and called. After a couple rings he picked up.

"Hello?" His voice came through and my heart broke all over again.

"Tom.." I said lowly.

"Evelyn?" He asked hope in his voice.

"Yes it's me," I say wiping a tear. I knew this was going to be an emotional conversation so I left the room and went on the balcony.

"Oh baby, I'm so so sorry for what I did to you." He said.

"I know but I just want to know why Tom what was so wrong with me for a year and a half that caused you to find another girl?" I asked coving my mouth. I refused to let my sons come through.

"It was never you Evelyn. It was me. I was a dick and I have no excuse for what I did. I love you and I haven't stopped loving you. I never really noticed how much I needed you until I lost you." He said I heard a sniffle.

"Do you think we could talk about this in person?" I asked

"Yes. Yes definitely." He said.

"I'm in New York. With Monica can you meet me at central perk on Friday?" I asked it was Wednesday so he had time to come.

"Yes baby, I will, I have to go, I love you Eve." He said. I wanted to say it back but I couldn't.

"Goodbye Tom." I said and hung up. I wiped my eyes and went back in. Chandler sat on the couch waiting.

"Well? What happened? Did you kick him to the curb?" He asked laughing to himself.

"No we are going to meet and talk this through on Friday." I say smiling.

"What?! No Eve! You were supposed to drop kick him back to California or wherever he is from." He said panicking.

"We need to talk Chandler I miss him I know I shouldn't but I do. I need closure I need to know why in person. I need to see him physically tell me. So I may or may not move on. If I'm lucky I'll find some way to forgive him and I can get my life back." I say trying to explain. He shook his head in disbelief.

"Evie you don't know how much of an idiot this guy is. If I were him I wouldn't have even thought of cheating on you. You are a queen who deserves to be treated like on. He will never be able to treat you like I could. Or love you like I could." He whispered the last part and I couldn't hear his mumbles. I didn't know what to say.

"I still need to see him." I say. Chandler looked frustrated and left without another word. Slamming the door as he left.

I don't know why but him walking out the door made my heart break a little more.