Sorting and Roommates

Sarafina's POV

A tall woman met us first years in the entrance hall and Hagrid left us with her. She told us her name was Professor McGonagall and I remember from my letter she was the deputy headmistress. McGonagall explained about the four house and how points were earned or taken. Then left us saying the sorting ceremony would begin momentarily.

"So it's true then, what they were saying on the train" I heard a boy say behind me. I turned just as Malfoy said "Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts." A murmur run through the crowd of first years. As Malfoy with two of his friends approached Harry and Ron.

"Names Draco, Draco Malfoy" he introduced himself to Harry. Ron chuckled at the name making Malfoy glare at him. "Think my names funny do you, no need to ask for yours" he sneered at my little brother. "Red hair and a hand me down robe, you must be a Weasley" he stated.

"Don't you dare speak to my little brother like that Malfoy" I growled standing beside Ron.

But Malfoy ignored me and turned back to Harry instead. "You'll find out some wizarding families are better the others Potter. You don't want to make friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there" Malfoy offered holding his hand out to Harry.

"I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself thanks" Harry told him not shaking his hand. Just then McGonagall came back before Malfoy could reply. She lead us into the Great hall down between two of the rows of the four house tables. I then lined up in front of the staff table with the other first years.

While I waited for my name to be called I looked around the Great Hall and spotted my other brothers at the Gryffindor table. I heard Hermione and Harry be sorted into Gryffindor. Finally it was Ron's turn and he was put in Gryffindor as well. "Sarafina Weasley" McGonagall called me forth and I sat on the stoll as she placed the hat on my head.

"Another Weasley, however you are a girl unlike all your brothers before you" the hat told me. "You have bright mind and are very creative Ravenclaw would suit you well. However your courage out shines it, better be GRYFFINDOR!" the hat finished in a shout. The Gryffindor table cheered, but my brothers were the loudest by far especially the twins.

I joined them sitting in between George and Hermione waiting for the sorting to be over. As Blaise Zabini was sorted into Slytherin Dumbledore stood up. All he said was before the feast appeared was: "Welcome! Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts! Before we begin our banquet, I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! Thank you!"

As put some mushed potato on my plate I heard Harry ask Percy if Dumbledore was made. But Percy denied it saying Dumbledore was a genius, before saying he was a little mad. After the feast I grabbed Percy's hand as he lead me and the other Gryffindor first years to our common room. He didn't mind at all and just gave my hand a gentle squeeze.

Once we got to a portrait of a 'Fat Lady' Percy told us the password. The portrait opened to reveal the common room and Percy lead us inside. He told us where dormitories are and our curfew time. Hermione and I went upstairs to find we shared the same dorm. We had two other roommates named Lavender Brown and Parvati Patil. Two of the girls I shared a boat with, apparently Padma was sorted into Ravenclaw.

A/N

Picture of the girls dorm above