Detention in the Forest

Sarafina's POV

It was time for Harry's, Neville's, Draco's and my detention as Filch met us in the entrance hall. He lead us out of the castle towards Hagrid's hut explaining about the old punishments. Apparently we would be serving detention with Hagrid tonight. Which made Harry and I happier at having detention.

But Filch said we would be going into the forest for detention with Hagrid. I was excited, but the other three were scared. Filch left us with Hagrid who had his crossbow out with Fang by his side. He then lead us into the forest with Draco complaining this was servant stuff. Hagrid told him that writing lines wouldn't teach us anything and that his father Lucius would agree.

Hagrid then told us want we were going to do after finding a puddle of a silvery substance. Which turned out to be unicorn blood and he said we had to find the injured unicorn. So he had Neville and Draco go one way telling them shot up red sparks if they were in trouble. But green if they found the unicorn we were looking for and to stay on the path.

Harry and I stayed with Hagrid as he lead us down a separate path with Fang. We met two centaurs named Bane and Ronan who said mar was bright tonight. When we left them hagrid told us never try and get a straight answer from a centaur. As they are star gazes and aren't interested in anything closer then the moon.

Ten minutes later red sparks shot into the air. "Hagrid the others are in trouble" I stated pointing to the sparks.

"You two stay here" he ordered before leaving with Fang to find the other two. Harry and I held our wands in our hands waiting. Harry looked nervous as I lent against a tree as we waited for Hagrid. He soon came back with a scared Neville and a smirking Draco.

"Alright new groups Neville will stay with me and Sarafina. Harry will be with Malfoy and Fang" Hagrid told us. Then whispered to Harry "sorry, but he'll have a harder time scaring you." Hagrid then lead Neville and I down a different path. We soon saw red sparks fly into the sky again and this time we all ran to it.

We ran into Draco part way there and he said something was attacking the unicorn. As we reached a clearing a centaur appeared on the other side carrying someone on it's back. It was Harry who slide off thanking the centaur for saving him. Hagrid also thanked the centaur whose name was Firenze. He then went to inspect the dead unicorn's body.

Once Hagrid returned he took us back up to the castle. He escorted Draco to his dorm while leaving us three Gryffindors to find our way back. Which was simple enough and we didn't ran into anyone on the way. Neville went straight to bed while Harry and I went over to the fireplace. Where Hermione and Ron had been waiting for us to return.

Harry told us what had happened to him in the forest after Draco left. Apparently it was Voldemort who attacked the unicorn and was drinking it's blood. According to what Firenze told Harry would keep someone alive. Even if they are an inch from death, but they would have a half life a cursed life.

"Snape wants the stone for Voldemort so he can come back" Harry finished.

"If he comes back, you don't think he'll try and kill you again?" Ron asked. Harry nodded his head and looked down gloomily.

"You are forgetting something" Hermione stated looking at the two boys. "Who is the one person Voldemort always feared?" she asked us.

"Dumbledore" I answered smiling at her.

"Exactly and as long as his around both Harry and the stone are safe" she informed us. Happier then we were before we said our good nights. Then I followed Hermione upstairs to our dorm quietly as our roommates wee already asleep.