|four|

Don't let how you feel, make you forget what you deserve

"Rowan Fell, you have to go."

"I don't want to." I groaned pulling my blanket over my head. "Go without me."

"You know everyone is expecting you to be there. You're apart of the Founding Family." My mother pestered.

"No. You and Logan are. Or was." I defended. "And I don't see the point of bringing chili. Everyone brings chili."

"It's tradition." She deadpanned. I could feel she's getting impatient with me. "I know you are going through things with Tyler, but you still have to go."

"That has nothing to do with Tyler. He's going to be at practice today, so..." I muttered and she sighs loudly. "I just hate parties." It was silent after a few seconds before she pulled the blanket off my body with such force. "Mom." I whined like a little child. I hold out my hand, moving it around frantically trying to get it back.

"You have twenty minutes to be ready and be nicely dressed. We are going to stop by the Lockwood's, then you can meet up with Elena at her house. Deal? Deal. And I want you to wear a dress this time, since the last time you came to the party wearing sweats and Marvel T-shirt." She commanded, tossing my blanket in the far corner of my room and left.

I turned on my back, crossing my arms and blowing the strands of hair out my face. There is no point for me to go, because the only point of a Founder's Party is to have a private meeting about the supernatural.

But, I wanted to make my mom proud. She knew I hated the council, so she never pestered me about joining it. I stood from my bed and walked to bathroom, taking a quick shower and my morning routine.

When I come out of the bathroom, I put on my gray short sleeved dress, with knee high tights, tan suede boots, and a blue jean jacket.

I put on my my heart shaped earrings and necklace before placing my bag over my shoulder.

"Rowan." My mother bellowed and I sighed.

"I'm coming." I grabbed my phone and walk downstairs, seeing my mom holding a big pot of chili. "You know, you could have at least been different and made pasta." She past me the pot of chili, signalling me to hold it.

"I slaved over the kitchen all morning, not thanks to you." She glared. "And, no, it can't be different since it's-"

"Tradition." I cut her off. I heard it over a million times. I walked out the door first and she followed, fixing her earrings.

"You look decent, sweetie." She complimented and I grimace.

"Thank you." I gritted through my teeth as she began pulling my hair behind my ear.

"You could have done something to your hair, though. You always leave it down. Why can't you at least put it in a ponytail or a messy bun, I heard those are the styles these day." I roll my eyes at her. Despite her compliment, she still feels the need to give her negative feedback.

I didn't respond to her as we walked to the Lockwood's house. My mom didn't want to spill it as we drove and either way it was only a 5 minute walk. Tops.