|eight|

Unexpected things come around more than once, and it's surprising how it's still unexpected

I couldn't save him.

This is what ran through my mind as I drove myself home from his funeral. I didn't invite since I knew they had bigger things to do, but Tyler tried to argue with me and come.

I stayed in my bed for days, although everyone came to stop by to see how I was doing. Even Damon. I got sick of the hourly visits, so I told my mom that when they come over, tell them I was asleep.

They brought plush toys and chocolate with cards that say; 'You'll get through this' or 'feel better, Ro'. They knew I didn't enjoy sentimental things.

To be honest, I though I would stay in bed forever, listening to my phone ring constantly or cry myself to sleep. But right now, I'm searching on my computer for answers of what I am. All day yesterday I was so busy reading through the bestiary that I didn't go shopping for a dress. I might not even go.

However I did learn a lot about banshees. It mentioned how a banshee is a female spirit who wails when feeling someone is near death. And that made me think of when Vicky, when I kept seeing her! She was death, but apparently brought back. At first, I thought I was like Jeremy; who could see the dead, but I'm different. Supposedly.

It made some sense as to why I screamed, but I still didn't get why I didn't know how my father would die. I didn't get how everything was numb when I saw his body or when I had him in my arms.

I rub my head, feeling a headache form. It was happening again, but now I knew that it was meaning death would arrive. I close my eyes, but when I open them, a man with a suit stands in front of me, with blood in his hands.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Michael. And you are the banshee." He answered me.

"Don't call me that." I warn, "What are doing here?" He doesn't answer me. He just pulls out a stake, before aiming towards me.

I cover my face with my arms, quivering. I peek through my hands, seeing no one there. Michael? Why does that name seem familiar?

"Knock, knock." A voice interrupted my thoughts. I look up to the door and see my mom. I sigh and look back down at my computer, hearing her walk inside my room, "I thought you would like to go to homecoming.." She trailed off, placing a light pink dress that match the pink shoes on my bed.

I study the dress and the smile on her face before looking back at my laptop, "I'm not going." I couldn't go. I can't go face everyone after ignoring them for what seemed to be forever.

"Everyone's worried about you and I am too, Rowan. I know what happened to your father was tragic and I'm sorry you had to see that, but I think being around your friends will help." She spoke softly, as she walked to the door. "Just think about it."