|twelve|

You try to kill your demons, but they still come back, with twice much force like last time

My hips swayed lightly to the music that played loudly on my phone, as I searched for a vintage dress. The volume was turned up high and my ears felt like they would bleed out, as I had my headphones on.

Tonight was another dance which I chose to go to. Everyone was planning on going, despite that Alaric's alter ego is hiding the last stake to kill the originals, and that Klaus is here and stalking my friends.

Lately, that's all he's been doing, beside asking about the stake. That's all his family is talking about and it's annoying, since Rebekah took over the dance and changed the theme, so I'm stuck last minute shopping. And sadly, there was absolutely nothing in my closet that looked fit for a 20s dance.

As if a blessing from god my phone buzzed.

I looked down at it and saw it was a text for me to open my door. I froze my movements and reread the text, going downstairs and opening it to see an all too familiar face. "Hello sweetheart."

Forget what i said. It's the devil himself that decided to stop by my door when I opened it. Sorry, I mean Klaus.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, taking out my headphones. He smiled at my attire, which was just some sweatpants and an plain blue T-shirt.

"Are you going to the dance later?" He questioned, ignoring what I asked. I cross my arms, nodding, "Well, would you like to accompany me?"

"Last time we spoke, you manhandled me like some ragdoll, Bedford hitting my head against the bench." I seethed, the memories of that night coming back, "So, if you'll excuse me, I have to look for a dress for my date tonight."

"I have a dress I could lend you." He offered and I shot him a look, "Tomorrow is my last night in Mystic Falls."

"You're leaving?"

"There's no reason for me to stay. All the stakes are burned and my mother and Finn are dead, so, " Klaus shrugged my heart dropped a little.

"Okay, well, I would love to be the first to see you depart from us, so I'll gladly go. With Dylan." I grinned widely, seeing him smile back, smugly. "Now how about that about the dress?"

"You're coming with me to get it, sweetheart."

"The only way this dance would be better if the punch bowl was spiked." Dylan chuckled, holding my hand as we walked into the danced. I tried not to notice it, but it was literally noticeable as he caressed it gently!. Music played and people jumped around to it, bright smiles on their face.

"Like Caroline would let that happen." I snorted, fixing m headband with my left hand. When I went with Klaus to his house of horrors, he procrastinated for an hour by asking about Dylan before handing it to me. Damon had told me numerous times on how Klaus has feelings for me, but attacking me doesn't show it. And either way, he's still dangerous to my friends and I.

I see my friends with their dates, including Stefan and Elena. I was glad about Stefan turning his humanity back on and is no longer hellbent on kill Klaus because I felt I would kick his ass if he continued.

"Let's dance." He smiled when I nodded, letting him take me to the dancefloor where everyone bounced around. The music begin to slow down, which meant we were stuck slow dancing. He shyly placed his hands on my hips as I laid my arms around his neck, swaying to the music.