Chapter 4. Wonder

I lie awake for a while the next morning, thinking about the mysterious man from my dreams. His smile, his face...everything, especially his red eyes. And every time my brain wondered over to their magnificant color a shiver ran down my spine in anticipation and excitment. How could someone I'd never met before be so stuck in my mind.

I knew that this man was a figmant of my imagination, a creation of my dreams but I couldn't find the courage to tell myself I would never see him again...because it hurt. Some say dreams only happen once so I guess it was time to face reality and move on. I had no drive to move, my bed felt so comfortable I wanted to melt into my sheets.

But as always I managed to get up.

The feeling of the plush carpet beneath my feet was comforting and my apartment was warm. I hadn't remembered turning the heat on last night but I wasn't about to complain. There was a slight creek as my bedroom door opened and I walked into the kitchen. Realising that I had nothing but cold pizza sitting on the counter I decided eating out again couldn't hurt right?

Once my clothes were situated and I had slipped on my shoes I opened the door to my apartment and stepped out. There was still a slight dimming of the hallway as I walked to the elevator and pressed the button. 3 minutes went by and I was still waiting for the doors to open, so I took the only reasonable exit, the stairs. The 7 flights of stairs in my development were dimmed as well and the cold morning air from the downstairs lobby flowed within them, I hugged my jacket closer to my body and began my decent before I heard the ding of the elevator. 

Strange I thought as I made my way back up the stairs and into the hallway. The doors of the elevator were completley proped open and welcoming. So I stepped inside. The slight shutting sound echoed around me and I pressed the button for the lobby. As the elevator began to go down I took out my phone to check the time. 9:30 I had slept for longer than usual last night, but today was a saterday so sleeping in wasn't exactly uncommon. As I set my phone into my jacket pocket I looked up to see a woman beside me in the elevator. Her face turned to look at me and she smiled wearily...Hannah?

Only this didn't look like the healthy woman i'd seen before, she was now older and bruised. I've never seen the same figure more than once...let alone twice in the span of a few days.

''Now honey,'' She began,'' I'm not supposed to be here so we must make this quick.'' She reached out and touched my shoulder.......she touched me.

''W-what are you doing.'' My voice came out shaky because it was at that point I realised the elevator had stopped moving.

''I told you to stay away from that man honey.'' Her eyes filled with fear held such a begging manner that all I could so was nod,''For your own good!'' Her voice louder.

What?'' Which man?'' The words stumbled out of my mouth. She began to fade and I panicked,''Which man Hannah?!'' I nearly screamed. ''R-red eyes you mu-!''I was again alone in the metal machine to scared to move as it did for me. S-she touched me. I ran a hand over my shoulder and felt the area she had grazed. I knew why she had come. And as I sped of down the road of my apartment every tree glisening in the sun seemed to be screaming Louis.

____________

Sorry if it's too short...this actually was half the chapter but I thought you guys would want something to hold you over:)I want this to be a short story so it should be ending soon but don't worry we'll answer all major questions before it does!!! Thank you so much for reading!!