Chapter 5. I knew it

I fell asleep that night knowing what I was doing, I had returned to the dark and damp room to confront him, to confront Louis.

Minutes passed and I was greeted by glowing red eyes in the distance. As he came closer I noticed the smile on his face seemed to be glowing as well.

"And what brings you here?" He asked calmly while looking down at me.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" I looked up at him hoping he could see the anger in my eyes but my question was only answered with a cold hand stroking my cheek.

"I would, are you upset?"

"What did you do to Hannah?" His eyes hardened when I said her name.

"How do you know about Hannah?" His voice skeptic as if I was the one who's done something wrong.

"Doesn't matter, what did you do to her?" his hand dropped and he instead gripped by shoulders in his hands.

"I showed her what happens when you try to get between me and what's mine." He squeezed slightly.

"And what is yours exactly?"

"You." Dark and scary. Those were the only two words that I could use to describe his voice then. Dark ad scary laced with possessive anger.

"And how am I yours exactly?" The scene around us faded as did Louis and I was left alone in my bedroom 15 years ago.

I was sound asleep in bed and then there was a rustling sound from the dresser and out came Louis. It was almost like he couldn't see me as he walked to my bed and just stood there...staring.

"Every soul is paired with someone soulless." I can hear his voice in the air," You are mine." A demon? A soulless man?

Words couldn't formulate in my mouth as memories began to flood in my head. The mirror, a man, schizophrenia.

"Am I really schizophrenic?" I asked the air. Turning my head in countless directions hoping to see the person who held the answers.

"No," he sounded almost sad the scene changed again to a few years later when I was changing clothes. There was Louis in the corner just watching." I began watching you when you were just born, when a persons soul just begins to call for it's soulless mate. It wasn't until you were four that we actually interacted...you have no idea how hard it was to stay away from you. To not be able to touch you."

"And what's supposed to happen between us huh?" I couldn't stop my confusion and anger." How old are you?"

His laugh sounded throughout the room and the scene disappeared leaving my in the dark room once again. A single lit light bulb swung from the ceiling...a single lit bulb was all that seep rated me and Louis.

"You think that we are to have some sort of mating?" he asked still chuckling," my dear the purpose of soul pairing is to give a life to the soulless."

"W-what?"

"You have not figured it out? I nurtured you, cared for you, for your soul. In taking care of you I was preparing your body for the transferral."

"And what happens to me?"

"We trade places, and this will be your new home." His head cocks to the side and a sinister smile stretches across his face. Hannah was right. Why did I come here. Stay away, stay away the words echoed in my head.

"No." my voice came out strong just as I wanted it to and I looked behind his shoulder to see the street light and just beyond that the cloudy London sky's. It may not be the way out but I had to try.

I pushed past Louis and hit a full out sprint towards the light. I didn't feel him chasing me, there was no presence around me at all.

"You can't escape my love." his voice came through the air once again. Push, push, keep going! My muscles ached from pumping my legs but the light kept me going. I could feel it, the Sunday morning mist drifting through the air and the distinct smell of wet pavement.

I reach for the street light and hang on for dear life letting it drag me along in its path towards nowhere. But then the light stops, creepily still as the only sound for what seems like miles is my own breath. The scene changes before me and the sky becomes dark and red lightning flashes across it.

"Oh god." I still cling to the street light praying it will turn into some sort of air craft and carry me away from this place.

From behind me I feel breathing on my neck and arms wrap around me as a head leans down to whisper in my ear.

"Forever." And the last light I see flickers out.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys so this was it! so I wanted this to be a short story and for it to hopefully inspire some of you to maybe write your own stories! Hopefully by reading this I helped some of you out, eh? Thank you guys so much for reading!!! I mean come on we got up to 1.1k!! Thats defiantly something to celebrate!

Thanks again!,

Me