0) prologue

Prologue
*flashback to be a 8 year old*

Tears poured out my eyes, as I looked at the scene which unfolded around me. I was leaving, i was moving to New Zealand leaving my whole life behind me but how can I get though this. I let out small muffles of sound while looking around my bare room which use to be full of furniture.

The door opened revealing a boy standing in the dark shadows, he stepped forwards and I realised it was Awsten. He didn't move any closer than the spot his feet were planted in, his eyes looked lost while they roamed all over my messy up state.

"I'm going to miss u Awstie" I exclaimed loudly, making myself sob even more, tears raced from my eyes faster now, but I didn't care. I didn't want to go. I clung tightly onto my teddy  which was being crushed in my fist doing my best to try and stay calm but I know I couldn't.

Awsten moved closer towards me, until his body was only centimetres from mine. Even though he was only 4 months older than me he still towered over me. His arms wrapped tightly around my back pulling me tightly into his warm and soft chest while tears ran freely from my face.

Me and Awsten had been best friends since we could remember. We use to have play dates around each other's house weather that was just playing silly games of tag, building forts, playing football in the garden, or play fighting. We  always got along. We had never  fell out which was quite shocking since I know u can be a handful at times.

I think our friendship was so strong because my mom and his mom  had been friends since they went to school, well they both decided to have children at the same time which is another weird thing they did as friends. Now we have to move because my dad has got a new business opportunity in New Zealand, my mother's career doesn't really matter where she is because she is an actress and she can easily get a job out there.

"I'm going to miss you so much Jessie" Awsten replied, his voice full of shame and fright. His hands clung tighter to my clothes not wanting to let me go. "I don't want you to ever leave" he whimpered, his state causing me to cry even more.

"Wherever you go we will always stay friends right?" His sweet voice asked, he pulled away from our hug looking me deep in the eye. I nodded my head causing my brown hair to itch against my head. "But - it's not fair " my bottom lip wobbled.

"I know" Awsten sighed, his eyes looking down at the floor unable to look at me. "If this is the last time I'm ever going to see you then- "I didn't let him finsh because I cut him off "Please don't say that" I begged, my face scrunching up from being all upset.

" I want you to remember me" he stated,"always remember our friendship?" He asked, I just nodded my head since my mouth and throat were too dry for me to even form words let alone speak. Awsten looked around the empty room awkwardly before he did something which surprised me, he leaned in quickly peeking me on the lips. I felt some kind of odd feeling rush though my body until he retracted his lips on me a second later.

A smile tugged both of our lips , while looking into each others gaze. " promise me you will remember me?" My best friend asked holding his pinkie finger out. I quickly linked our fingers, locking then together before making my promise. " I promise".

"Jessie, baby time to go now!" I heard my mom yell up the stairs, I sighed moving towards my small suitcase which sat in the corner of the room And started dragging it towards the door. Awsten held my hand and led me down the stairs where my mom and dad, his mom, and his little sister Gracie were,  saying there goodbyes to each other.

They all looked as emotional as the other, I hated saying goodbye. I hate endings, endings are always sad there is nothing ever happy about ending's . We got to the bottom of the stairs where Awsten hugged me again while his hands ran though my hair. He knew it always keeps me calm in times of a time of crisis.
"It's time to go baby girl " my dad told me taking my hand. leading me towards the front door. Of the house. " you know if you ever want to come visit their is a space at our house" Mrs Knight offered, smiling towards my mom . My mom pulled her into a huge hug then started crying herself.

" bye bye Awsten  " I waved, tears dominating my eyes as they jumped down my face. My dad lead me out of the house before I had to say goodbye to the green bleached haired boy. My mom slowly trailing behind with the Knight's.

My dad put me in a taxi while he loaded our luggage into the back of the taxi. I looked out of the window watching people I had known for ages turn into strangers.The world felt like it was shattering around me, I was starting to lose hope maybe because I was losing my best friend.

Both my parents jumped into the taxi after saying their goodbyes. Mom told the driver to take us to the airport, as we started to drive off we waved out of the Windows. Saying our final goodbyes for 7 years. At this point in time I didn't know how long we were going, I didn't know if I would ever see Awsten again. But now I know.

" it will be ok soon" my mom squeezed my hand " we will see them one day, i promise" my mom smiled pulling me into a motherly hug, while my eyes streamed rivers down my face .

I guess that's my story, this is the last day I saw Awsten Knight for 7 years. The last time I met him properly face to face. The day I lost my best friend.