Thirty Eight ~ All Alone

Niall.

Why was Zayn crying? What did he mean by he misses me already?

Was he going somewhere?

I sighed, kicking a stone across the footpath. I passed Harry's house, crossing the road so I didn't have to deal with him today. Then I passed Liam's house, staying on the same side but not bothering to look in his house.

I kept my head down, all the way home and then my mum gasped when I walked inside hugging me tightly

"I was so worried!" She said "where were you? I went to wake you up and your bed was empty!"

"I went for a walk" I mumbled "sorry"

"Is this... Zayn's clothes?" Mum stepped back

"Yeah" I nodded with a small smile

"Why do you have it?" She asked

"It's from a while ago" I lied

"Why were you gone so long?"

"I passed Zayn's house" I smiled "I had breakfast with the Malik's"

"Why are your eyes red?" She asked worriedly "were you crying? What did Zayn do?"

"It was his dad actually" I gulped "he doesn't like me"

"What?"

"Because he doesn't want Zayn to be gay"

"Of course that's why"

"Zayn?" I heard my dad's irritated voice "who the hell is Zayn?"

"Dad?" My eyes widened

My father came into view... I hadn't seen him in months

"Dad!" I squeaked, running at him and welcoming him with a bear hug "I missed you so much!"

"Who's Zayn?" He repeated himself

"Oh uhm... Don't worry" I smiled "you can meet him today after school okay?"

Dad frowned, looking curiously at mum who grumbled... She was still getting used to me having a boyfriend.

"Mum, can I walk?" I asked

"Sure thing" she nodded "have fun at school, you two stay out of trouble too"

"Nah" I decided

"Don't you dare involve Liam in your trouble either"

"He's still attached to Louis" I laughed "I reckon he'll be caught up in Louis' problems more than anything else"

"What ever happened to Harry?" Mum asked

"He uh... We had a fight" I said quietly

"Aw Niall, I'm so sorry" Mum cooed

"It's okay though" I smiled "I'd rather have a mean friend that's themselves than a mean friend that pretends to be something else"

Mum nodded and I ran upstairs getting my bag. Zayn had told me that he wanted to try flavoured condoms so I'd gotten mint and strawberry... The mint smelt better.

I hid it in my pants pocket and kissed my mum's soft cheek and my dad's rough one

"Bye, see you after school"

I then ran outside, knocking on Liam's front door as I neared his house

"Hel-Niall?" Liam asked surprised

"What?" I asked "I'm only Niall to you now?"

"What are you doing here?" Liam asked "I though you were mad with me"