Chapter 3 - Joey's Theory

Okay, little head up - this Chapter's just like a 'filler'. It's pretty short, but it's important :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We're back at this Hellhole again?" Joey asked in a whisper, as we walked back into the hospital doors. 

I opened the doors for him, and we walked up to the receptionists' desk.

"Hello, how may I help your, dears?" The lady asked with a sweet smile.

"Hey, I'm Laura Gregori. I came in out of here a couple of hours ago; and my twin brother has a swollen wrist,"

She looked at Joe, concern strong in her soft brown eyes. "Are you in pain, honey?"

He nodded, biting the inside of his cheek as he frowned.

She bit her lip for a moment, and frowned as her eyes continued to stay on Joe's red and swollen wrist.

"Have you tried putting under the cold tap?"

We both nodded.

"It didn't do anything," He husked, looking into her eyes.

Hey eyes seemed to glaze over, and my eyes went from Joey's profile, to the receptionist and back again - like a tennis match.

She blinked suddenly, shaking her head a little; then continued typing on her computer as if nothing had happened. She didn't even seem to notice us.

"Let's go," Joey said, then blinked and  walked out back towards my new Audi RS3; opening the door and starting the engine.

"You can't drive!" I squeaked, my eyes widening as I realised what he was about to do. "You've only got one hand! You'll kill us!"

He winced and flexed his injured wrist and hand, glaring at it intently; as the swelling cooled down and seemed to almost shrink back into his skin. He put the gear shift into automatic, and put his hands back onto the steering wheel.

"Watch me," He growled, baring his teeth at the road ahead.

                                                                           ***

"What the Hell?!" I screamed at him; the knife at my arm tempting me so much. 

We were in the kitchen, and Joey stood in front of me calmly on his BlackBerry.

"Joseph Daniel Gregori!" 

He jumped at his full name, his head snapping up at me expectantly. "Yeah?"

"What the Hell happened?" I repeated.

He ignored me, going back to his Facebook.

I grabbed the knife without thinking, and pointed it threateningly at him. "Joseph Daniel Gregori, you tell me right n-"

I dropped the scolding hot knife, as it burned my hand. I looked at the white-hot knife on the floor, then frowned at my hand.

Why the Hell was it hot?

"Laura, we need to talk," Joey said calmly, looking down at the knife; completely relaxed.

How can he be relaxed and calm at this?!

"About what?" I asked in a whisper; not really paying attention to anything in particular.

"About what we really are,"

                                                                       ***

After Joey had explained his theory, I couldn't move; let alone speak.

He put his hand on my shoulders, trying to look me in the eyes; as I looked at the floor, trying to sort my thoughts out as I pursed my lips with concentration.

"Laura, you have to listen to me. You cannot tell anyone. Understand, Twin?"

I nodded once, then he let go of me-

I bolted upstairs before he could say anthing else, and put my earphones into my iPhone; listening to anything to stop me thinking about-

I tapped Play with my finger automatically, and the last song I'd been listening to: Just a Dream by Nelly.

"Yeah, I wish," I thought, sniffing with a small tear trailing down my cheek.