The Wedding (Part 2)

Alya walked down the aisle and took her place at the bridesmaid's position with a boiling passion to take Fabio down.

Her chest burned in anger as she saw how smug Fabio walked down the aisle and waited for Marinette.

Everyone was tearing up and clapping for the married couple.

When she saw Tom take Marinette's hand to walk down the aisle, she didn't see true happiness in her eyes. She saw her best friend back as a nervous teenager being handed off to a jerk.

Even though she was a grown-up now, she still couldn't help but feel like Tom was handing an innocent child over to a hungry, drooling, growling lion, ready to rip her to shreds.

She bit her tongue, waiting for the right moment to expose Fabio. That beast deserved to go down. He didn't deserve her best friend. She wouldn't let him take her. He was verbally abusive and angry, in comparison to the sweet flower petal, Marinette.

Alya mentally cursed the smirking jerk out, just as Tom had given her away tearfully, the couple joined hands. Marinette nervously smiled, and looked into his eyes.

The two exchanged their I-do's and the ordained minister said, "If anyone has any protests against the joining hands of these two, please speak now or forever hold your peace."

"Fabio is a lying jerk! Marinette, I overheard him tell his friends that he was marrying you to steal your designs! He doesn't deserve you and he never will!" Alya yelled out, her heart enraged by the nauseating thought of the boy abusing her best friend.

The crowd echoed in a range of gasps.

Marinette's eyes widened and watered as she bit her lip back. She pulled away from Fabio, muttering angrily as tears fell from her eyes.

"You used me for my designs?! I knew you never loved me!" Marinette yelled at him, pushing him away as he tried to grab her arm.

"No, Marinette! Are you going to listen to her? She's a lunatic and you know it!" He argued, still trying to grab her arm.

"Leave me alone, you jerk! I never should've trusted you! I thought you loved me!" She screamed at him, her mascara running with her tears.

What would've been a beautiful gathering and a joyous day had flipped to a day of heartbreak and fury.

"I can explain, babe. Just please give me a chance. I can clear up everything!" He insisted, pulling her back as she slapped him away.

She crushed his foot with her 1-inch heel and stomped away, tears and hatred streaming from every emotion she encountered.

Marinette ran out of the room and everyone was utterly shocked by the sudden chaos that had erupted between the seemingly happy couple.

Alya resentfully glared at Fabio, then punched him in the face, leaving the man with a pulsing black eye. He fell to the floor as she kicked him where the sun doesn't shine, then ran after her best friend.

Alya looked around, then found Marinette in the preparation room, crying and pulling the accessories and jewelery off on herself.

"Marinette, I'm so sor-" she began to apologize, but was cut off by Marinette hugging her.

She hugged Alya and sobbed, "Thank you for telling me... thanks for rescuing me. I don't know what I would've done if he stole my designs! I've been working on them since high school and..."

"It's okay, girl. I know how important your designs are to you, and you're important to me as well. I would not let him get away with something like that. Especially if it's hurting my best friend!" Alya consoled her.

"I-I know, he was a jerk and all, but do you think there's another boy that could love me?" Marinette asked hopefully.

"First off, you don't need a boyfriend or husband right away! You don't ever need one if you don't want one! Also there's a perfect gentleman out there, waiting for you to heal his broken heart so he could heal yours," she told Marinette.

Marinette wiped away some of her tears, smearing more mascara across her face, but smiled with the tear stains visible and she said, her voice almost breaking, "I'm glad it's all over".

A/N: Hey guys! So I know it's been like an entire month since I last updated this book!

So sorry for the inactivity! I've just had plenty of homework and studying to do 📚

Anyways, tell me what you think!

-Alex 💖✌🏼️