Knotted

"Nino, I have no idea what I'm doing!!! What if she says no? What if she doesn't like the ring I custom ordered?" Adrien panicked, practically yelling into the phone at his best friend the moment he picked up the video chat call.

Already knowledgeable of the fact that Adrien was about to propose to one of his own childhood friends, Nino just chuckled.

"What is so funny about this?! I'm genuinely scared here!" Adrien hissed frantically into the phone, his hair messy from his yanking and stress.

"Dude, chill," Nino laughed, "There's no way in heck that Marinette would ever say no to you!"

Adrien sighed in relief, but it still didn't completely rid him of the stress of the possibility that Marinette would scream "GROSS" in his face.

"Unless..." Nino joked, slightly taking advantage of his friend's frantic state, "She still likes Fabio!"

"CRAP!!" Adrien dropped his phone by accident, causing Nino to burst into hysterical laughter.

Man, spending time with Alya had really changed his own humor, the bespectacled boy thought to himself. "I'm joking, bro! It's sarcasm," he assured his friend, wiping a few of his tears from his laughing.

"Nice ceiling," Nino commented, being that was all he could see from the camera.

Adrien groaned, but laughed a little as well, "I swear that sometimes I feel like you're the Alya of our friendship."

"Hey, I'm not that dark-humored!" Nino argued, laughing, "Anyways, just propose to the girl already!"

"I'm trying, but I don't know where to do it? Do I randomly pop the question while skydiving? Do I make a huge confetti firecracker, or do I need to write out the question with one of those plane guys in the sky?! I need her to know how much I love her," Adrien stressed, causing Nino to soften up a bit.

"You know, Marinette loves simple things. She's no Chloe Bourgeois, so just be yourself, dude. She already loves you, so all you gotta do is ask the question."

* * *

"You know, I've been thinking," Marinette started as Alya was flipping through a magazine, "I should propose to Adrien."

The brunette dropped the magazine, turning toward her best friend. "Y-You... want to propose... to Adrien?"

Already knowing Adrien had the ring custom made, and had started planning his own proposal for her, Alya's heart skipped a beat. "When were you planning on doing this?" She asked dryly, nearly wheezing at the irony.