No More Broken Hearts

Flattening down the snowy white tulle skirt of her newly sewn wedding dress, Marinette stared at herself in the mirror. It had been about half a year since the proposal, and throughout the duration of time, the two had gotten to go on many dates, have many movie nights, and even gone back to the carnival where they revealed their feelings for one another.

She was living out her teenage dream and being given her true happily ever after. She was no longer that silly, stuttering girl she once was, but was now a strong woman.

Alya placed the last pink flower in Marinette's hair with a tearful smile. Her own beautiful bridesmaid dress was designed by her best friend, who was just about to marry the love of her life. She could no longer see that young innocent girl she always felt she had to protect at all costs, and it almost made her cry.

"You look beautiful, girl," Alya told her, placing a white veil over Marinette for the completion of her look.

"And don't forget the most important part: the white pearl necklace! My mother passed this to me on my wedding day, and now it's your turn," Sabine walked over, holding a shiny pearl necklace open between her hands.

"Thank you both so much! I'm so glad you all are a part of my life. I love you all so much," Marinette turned around, smiling graciously.

Her mother helped place the necklace around her neck gently.

"Don't forget to wear a little bit of blush!" Rose reminded, running over excitedly with her makeup kit.

"Just don't cry too much please. We're going to need your mascara to last you through the ceremony at least," Juleka joked, handing Rose the tube of mascara.

"All your floral decorations are in place! You guys are going to have the prettiest wedding ever!" Mylene expressed enthusiastically, smiling at the bride-to-be.

"Thank you! Oh my goodness, Rose and Juleka, you are the best makeup artists! Mylene, I totally love your floral decorations! I can't want to see them for myself! This necklace is so beautiful, Maman. I love it!"

Sabine smiled warmly at her daughter, holding her arm affectionately. She was so proud of her daughter for getting so far, and becoming such an amazing adult. Now she was marrying off to a much kinder, gentler, and more loving young man, and it was everything she could've ever wished for Marinette.

The conversation of Tom and Nino was heard from outside in the halls, causing the girls to giggle.

"Mr. Lahiffe, I'm Marinette's birth father. I'm going to walk my daughter down the aisle on her wedding day!"

"Alya and I have adopted her as our daughter. I suppose I'll let you take over the position. After all, Adrien needs his best man," Nino finally agreed.

"That's more like it, son!"

"Wow, he really takes his adoptive father role to heart," Alya snickered, causing Marinette to laugh at the comment.

"No kidding," Marinette replied, smiling.

"Marinette, it's almost time! Girls, let's take our places!!" Rose's eyes widened at the sight of her phone screen. "Good luck, Marinette! Congratulations!"

A chorus of sweet wishes poured in from the other bridesmaids as they filed out of Marinette's dressing room. The bride-to-be felt her eyes water as her mother released her arm from her warm embrace.

"Is it normal to feel nervous? Mom, I'm kind of nervous," Marinette grabbed her mother's hand back.

"Trust me, I felt the same way marrying your father. I think it's normal for us women to get nervous about such a big day. You hardly slept last night," Sabine cooed, rubbing her daughter's cheek.