ii

Rick sighed as the criminals lined up in front of him. He was annoyed that the two people who weren't criminals weren't here.

 He was annoyed that the two people who weren't criminals weren't here

"Listen up! In your neck's there is a nanite explosive. It's about the size of a rice grain, but as powerful as a hand grenade. This is the deal. You disobey me, you die. You try to escape, you die. You irritate or vex me, you die."

"I'm known to be quite vexing, I'm just forewarning you." Harley replied, sticking her arm up in the air.

"Lady, shut up!" Rick yelled at her, the mad woman was already getting on his nerves.

"This is the deal," Rick explained, "You-"He was interrupted by a purple portal opening near them. All the criminals turned to see the magic display in front of them.

"Now that's the proper way to travel!" Harley clapped her hands together, giggling. A man dressed in an outrageous black outfit stepped out of the portal, which snapped shut after he stepped out.

"Sorry," He said unapologetically, "I was getting drinks, it is happy hour, you know."

"But it's half past ten." Harley Quinn stated, her head tilting to the side.

" Harley Quinn stated, her head tilting to the side

"It's happy hour somewhere, my dear." He smiled at the blonde woman, "You must be Harley Quinn," He shook her hand,

"Silvius Adalwin, at your service." He bowed theatrically to her. Harley giggled at his antics. Rick coughed to gain the team's attention again.

"As I was saying, you are going somewhere very bad, to do something that'll get you killed. But until that happens, you're my problem." The man nearest to Silvius stepped up to Rick

"So was that like, a pep talk?" He asked.

"Yeah. That was a pep talk. There's your shit." Rick gestured towards some boxes. "Grab what you need. We're wheels up in ten."

"You might want to work on your team motivation thing. You ever heard of Phil Jackson?" The man persisted.

"Yeah," Rick responded.

"He's like the gold standard." He made a triangle shape with his fingers. "Triangle bitch. Study." Silvius laughed and walked off with the other criminals.

"Anyone want something to drink?" He asked snapping his fingers, conjuring a martini in his hands. Harley excitedly ordered a fancy cocktail, and after a snap of his fingers, the drink appeared in her hand.

"Anyone else?" His question was left unanswered, "No? Okay." He said, sipping his drink. Silvius watched on as the others changed, noticing the male attention Harley was attracting. He scoffed, conjuring a blue mist that surrounded her, shielding her from prying eyes.

"What?" She asked, pulling down her shirt. Waving his again, the blue mist dispersed, revealing Harley, now fully clothed. Silvius called her over with his hand. Wondering what the mysterious figure wanted, she walked over.

"What can I do for you, Mistah?"

"You look like a gal who wears bright red lipstick," He said, as a lipstick tube appeared in his hand. "I got this from Marilyn Monroe, she owed me a favour," He waved off her questions, "Now, I'm not one for lipstick, but I thought you might like it." He smiled, putting the lipstick on the girl before handing it to her.

"Thanks, Mistah!" She admired the tube in her hand. Maybe it'd be good to have an ally like Silvius in the team. She walked towards one of the other prisoners who she knew as Deadshot. He was staring down at a mask in his box. "Won't it fit anymore? Too much junk in the trunk?" She mocked, checking out Marilyn's lipstick in her pocket mirror. Silvius was right; she was a bright lipstick gal.

"Nah," Deadshot didn't look up from the mask, "Every time I put this on, someone dies." Harley snapped the mirror shut.

"And?" She picked up her hammer from the box, admiring her long-lost weapon.

"I like putting it on." He replied.

"Goodie, cause something tells me a whole lotta people are about to die!" She smiled at him, imitating the smiley face on the hammer. One of the other prisoners walked over.

"Yeah, it's us." El Diablo spoke with a sour tone, "We're being led to our deaths."

"Speak for yourself, mate." The strong Australian accent of Captain Boomerang sounded out as he joined the conversation. "Hey, what's that crap on your face? Does it wash off?" The only one that laughed at his joke was Killer Croc. Silvius watched the prisoner's, intrigued as to how they were acting. He was used to upper-class cocktail parties and would need to adjust to the criminal's behaviours.

"If you like a gal, could you light her cigarette with ya pinky? Cause that'd be really classy," Harley stuck up her pinky as she asked her question. Deadshot held up his hands, telling everyone to back off.

"Hey, ya'll might want might want to leave old home boy alone. He could torch this whole joint, ain't that right, ese?"

"Ain't got nothing to worry about from me. I'm cool homie." El Diablo put his hands up in defence. Silvius chose that moment to join the group of criminals.

"You all got put in here by Batman, right?" He asked, and all except Captain Boomerang nodded, "Shame, he's an excellent entertainer at cocktail parties. What about you then? The Flash, right?" This time, the Captain granted him a nod, wondering how he knew. "I don't know him too well; he's under the drinking age."